cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andriod BYOD watch

daniel10
I plan to stick around

Recently bought my new Samsung galaxy watch 7 Ultra. Directly from the manufacturer Samsung as they have way better deals with trade in and pre ordering ect. Is there anyway to have a BYOD andriod watch plan with number share or is rogers still one of the only telecoms I'm Canada that is blocking it and making you purchase the more expensive device through them?
I believe they allow BYOD for apple

***ADDED LABELS***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Andriod BYOD watch

StevenF1
I've been around
I went through exactly the same thing with Watch 6. Samsung will tell you it it compatible. Watch 6 was not. This is Rogers attempt to screw customers. It works in this case.

daniel10
I plan to stick around
I was hoping in the last year or so they would figure it out. Super frustrating as the watch you buy from Samsung (literally who makes it) is the same rogers buy from them. It's not like I'm buying a cheap third party andriod knock-off.

I wouldn't mind buying from Rogers if they had competitive prices but they don't. With Samsung deals I paid around 450 for my watch 7 ultra. (Love it by the way)

Hopefully a smart back end rogers rep will see and help me out as I googled as well and see some like very few of gotten it working with a smart rep. But very rare

RogersCorey

Good morning!

Yes, we do have an Android Watch BYOD plan. The only caveat is that Corporate account types are not eligible for this.

If you'd like us to take a look, please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

daniel10
I plan to stick around
Does nunber share work? And do you have to do it instore? As my local store isn't good and last time over a year ago I tired and they failed miserably

Sacha1735
I plan to stick around
DO NOT BUY THE BYOD PLAN!! It does not work. I am now returning my watch because the rogers system doesn't work and their staff does not help or even bother to tell you that tou are wasting your time changing your plan. It will not work. Yes apple works, they look like they prefer to use apple instead of samsung at rogers because they make everything seamless for apple and always such a huge problem for samsung.

jdlh199
I've been around

Looks I just made this same mistake. I just received and turned on my Galaxy Watch 7 LTE (with a trade-in of my pro 5), and I'm only now reading through all the bad news. My wearables app is looking for a QR code to scan (or an activation code) and I figured I could just find this in my account settings. My $350/month I'm currently paying for home internet and TV and 4 mobile plans may all be moving to Telus. 

I have been to 4 different stores they all tell me it must be done through customer service . Customer service tells me it must be done in store. Waste over 18 hours on this. Taking my 4 cell phones home internet and TV to bell absolutely ridiculous!!!

shermankramer
I've been here awhile

did you ever get it working?

CFSI
I've been here awhile
I was able to get a Watch 7 LTE I purchased directly from Samsung, on Rogers network. The only catch is number share doesn't work (didn't actually want it for my use case).

kalto
I'm here a lot

I've been trying to do the same thing for a month now. Store says they can do it but it will cost a 70$ activation fee (no thanks). They say that to avoid that, I need to do it myself on My Rogers.... couldn't find on how to do it. Reached out to support, said they could only sell me a new Watch otherwise I have to do it in store.
Always the same problems with Rogers. Seriously considering filing a complaint with the CCTS to try to get them to get it together.  

tips
I've been here awhile

So I ran into the same issue. You can't set it up only so I paid the 70 then called into rogers and got a credit because I told them we can't do this online. They credited my account. Two options when having the LTE plan and can't number share. So at first I would forward my cell to the watch # only problem is every number comes up as private and the caller can not leave a voice mail as watch plans will not offer voice mail. This is what I have done for the past 7 months. Recently I have changed to not forwarding to my watch as a missed/voicemail will send a notification to my watch telling me who called or left a voicemail.  This way I can decide if I want to call the person back.

ReeseRoss
I've been here awhile
Do you mean share the same phone number? I have a 6 classic and esim. The only thing is you can only make local calls and only incoming text messages. I wanted this watch for work and only use esim phone number. Then the battery lasts longer. Having phone and watch linked burns through the battery quicky.
Roger's has no plan for this problem. So now my bill is far more expensive at $0.25 a text. Needed for work.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation