cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account cancelled but sent to collections

Annoyed6
I've been around

I sent the message below to the credit agency that was contacting me.

I contacted Rogers, at the credit companies suggestion. Eventually I was given an email address to contact Rogers accounts. This was the result-

Sent: November 17, 2021 12:17 PM
To: 'Roxxxxxxx@rci.Rogers.com' (Edited - Keep personal info private)
Subject: Rogers Account 7xxxxxxx1 (Edited - Keep personal info private)

Rogers Account 7xxxxxxx1 (Edited - Keep personal info private)

Please see attached bill from Telus showing the phone number etc transferred to them in December.

I have been trying to clear this up for quite some time. I cancelled the account and made final payment in January 2021. However Rogers kept billing me for the service until May.

I have contacted Rogers and been given this email address in the hopes of sorting this out, I have just spent an hour trying to do that through live chat.

Bryan Mansfield

Hi,

As of yet nothing has been noted on my account, the message I received in response to the email copied below stated “your account will be noted within 6 business days.”  That was Automatic reply: Rogers Account 7xxxxxxx1 (Edited - Keep personal info private) on 17th November.

I have still had no contact.

I have provided details of the Telus account showing them billing me for my phone number, as well as Rogers continuing to bill me through until May. Though the service was terminated in December.

I've spent time with chat and on the phone with no resolution, been referred to different departments and still get calls from the credit company. Is there a method of bringing this matter to the attention of someone who can rectify this?

"

Rogers Account 7xxxxxxx1 (Edited - Keep personal info private)

Case # 2xxxxxxx8 (Edited - Keep personal info private)

Please see attached bills from Telus showing my phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx (Edited - Keep personal info private) was a Telus account and not a Rogers account previous to the dates for which Rogers is claiming.
I have contacted Rogers trying to explain this, I do not know why it is still shown as an account even as late as May?  They would have had to transfer the number over to telus, this was done in December!

I was not using Rogers services and had closed the account.

**Labels Added**

1 REPLY 1

Re: Account cancelled but sent to collections

RogersYasmine

Good day, @Annoyed6!

Welcome to the community and we appreciate you sharing your billing concerns with us! Getting unexpected charges is never fun. 😞

Firstly, I would not recommend posting any personal info here in the forums as the info is on public display for all to see. This is for your own safety and security. 🙂

Regarding the communications you are receiving from the third party collection agency regarding charges to your old Rogers account--What happened when you reached out to our Live Chat Team? Were they able to give you any insight as to what the charges were pertaining to?  

Also, since going to Telus, had you not been receiving any bills from Rogers since December 2020 advising you of the amount owing? The invoices would have included a summary of the charges for your reference. There should have been several notices sent your way prior to us sending anything to a collection agency. 

If you are still looking for answers and need additional help, you can always send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to have a closer look for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation