cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw to Rogers Migration Nightmare

StephenBu
I've been here awhile

This transition has been nothing but horrible. Over the last couple weeks I have had 4 phone calls (last night was 1 hour and 50 mins alone), 2-3 web chats, and the only issue that was ever resolved was the issue with my Phone number transfer being stuck for a day and had to be reset in the process.  I've talked to 8 or 9 different people, with  last one yesterday (from Shaw - Rogers transition team) saying I had to discuss with the Tech support team, she proceeded to transfer me... to the "Employee tech support" who couldn't do anything as it was the employee tech support, and he didn't even have the ability to transfer me to the correct support. I also looked in the Contact Us section, did the selections until I got to "What is your concern related to" where you pick your service, ahh.. I see all the rogers services but nothing looks like Mobile, or Shaw, so, can you even contact them with a concern?

So.. Here are my current main concern and question, hopefully someone can point me to 1 number or individual vs. the 2 weeks of running around I've experienced. 

1 - I had visual voice mail with Shaw, and I had paid for the month. When I transitioned, I no longer have visual voicemail.  This was one of my calls above, The support person said I had enhanced text to voice or something. This made no sense, I asked a couple times about Visual Voice (its even listed as Visual voice on their web site) She said give it another day and I would have visual voice, it would be fixed. That was about 1.5 weeks ago.  Question - Is Visual Voice included in the Shaw 27GB BYOD?

actually I'll leave it at that one question.. 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shaw to Rogers Migration Nightmare

Hi @StephenBu,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared with us and the feedback on your recent migration to Rogers. While we try our best to make the process seamless I realize there have been some challenging scenarios as well.

While the plan features  can vary, a quick search with the info you've provided shows this plan includes the following:

1) Enhanced Voicemail - 35 stored messages, up to 5 minutes long for 10 days

2) Premium Voicemail-to-Text (You get a text version of your voicemail messages in addition to the audio file. The text and audio files are delivered directly to your text messaging inbox instead of your iPhone Visual Voicemail app.)

If you still wish to add the iPhone Visual Voicemail you can do so for $7.00/mo.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need account assistance.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Surreytham
I've been around

Same here giving headaches 

jelemans
I've been here awhile

My conversion package said that my Shaw account would be cancelled when I switched SIMS. However, today I got a bill from Shaw for my service even after I switched SIMs. They told me tough luck and I have to pay anyway.

No service, no help. Still getting billed. 😞

StephenBu
I've been here awhile

Question - Is Visual Voice included in the Shaw 27GB BYOD?

Hi @StephenBu,

Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate the details you've shared with us and the feedback on your recent migration to Rogers. While we try our best to make the process seamless I realize there have been some challenging scenarios as well.

While the plan features  can vary, a quick search with the info you've provided shows this plan includes the following:

1) Enhanced Voicemail - 35 stored messages, up to 5 minutes long for 10 days

2) Premium Voicemail-to-Text (You get a text version of your voicemail messages in addition to the audio file. The text and audio files are delivered directly to your text messaging inbox instead of your iPhone Visual Voicemail app.)

If you still wish to add the iPhone Visual Voicemail you can do so for $7.00/mo.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need account assistance.

RogersZia

Tiger955
I plan to stick around

If you're not getting what you had with Shaw Mobile try filing a complaint with the CCTS https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

Just had mine accepted by CCTS, lets see if Rogers can sort it in 20 days! lol

davenash23
I've been around

so far, I'm not getting anywhere with Rogers trying to have them reverse overlapping charges that began in July.  When I initiated the migration process, I immediately received a bill from Rogers.  Even before I received a Rogers sim card I received a rogers bill.  They say that the overlapping period after porting my phone number to Rogers will be covered.  Due to the convoluted process, starting with double billing, I didn't finish the migration and wanted only to be assured that double billing would not occur.   It's been several months, and rogers is sticking to their guns that both companies bills are legitimate and must be paid.

I'm waiting in chat queue to speak to a team leader at the migration team to address my double billing before I finish transitioning to Rogers.

RSBC
I've been here awhile

Disappointed, frustrated and feeling like I’m being taken advantage of

I’m still having difficulty migrating with my shaw plan, Rogers seems to come up with its own idea of what I need to pay them. Very difficult to talk with one rep, getting passed from rep to rep without any clear solution 

I’m waiting to see if they resolve this last bill, if not I’m leaving this stressful nightmare and moving to a shaw like cell provider 

shame on you Rogers, you have lost my trust 

RogersJo
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Day @RSBC

Welcome to the Community and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We're saddened to hear about your migration journey thus far. 😥 I can assure you this is most definitely not the type of experience we want you to be having and would love the opportunity to get this ironed out for you.

Has the issue been resolved since you last posted? If not, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.

Regards,

RogersJo 

nordkapp
I've been here awhile

I am super frustrated and really disappointed with the experience with migrating from Shaw Mobile to Rogers. 

So far I spent countless hours to try resolving my issue. When I call 1-888--ROGERS1, I keep being bounced around like a tennis ball and nobody seem to be able to help. My story: I am getting an email which I know to be legit as I called the company. This is a collections company trying to collect allegedly money that I owe from my previous mobile Shaw account. I called many numbers at Rogers even one provided by an agent promising that they would help me(Shaw Business) which again, they keep me bouncing around and nobody is able to help me. This is frustrating and unacceptable. They(Rogers) keep telling me that I don't appear to be on collections but cannot precise it since they cannot see data from when my account was with Shaw. Writing something here with the hopes that maybe a moderator that knows what they are doing can help. I have all the information that you may need to find me in your system provided that you know what to do with this information.

PLEASE PLEASE Help! 

From a very frustrated and dissatisfied customer that is seriously considering change mobile providers.

nordkapp
I've been here awhile

Do you have a phone number where we can reach this team please? I am in a similar situation. I called numerous times the Outstanding account & payment questions team at 1-866-346-3430. Nobody knows anything. Tried also 1-888-ROGERS1 and nobody can help with my issue.

SweetAnOn68
I've been here awhile

Did it work

SweetAnOn68
I've been here awhile

I think we all need to get together. Call me … 

Tiger955
I plan to stick around

@SweetAnOn68 wrote:

Did it work

No!! surprise surprise!

Rogers Communications objected to my complaint because Rogers Communications believes that CCTS did not have the authority to accept the complaint under their Procedural Code. After reviewing the complaint and objection, we are accepting the objection and closing the complaint for the reasons explained below.

The Objection 
The customers root concern within the CCTS complaint is regarding the monthly price of the Rogers wireless plan. The customer highlights that the price plan differs from Shaw Mobile inc. regard to pricing, call forwarding minutes, data overage charges, and Roam Like Home.  It is clear within the customers submission that dispute is regarding the monthly rate and wire plan features and is requesting that the CCTS mandate pricing and features of a service provider which falls outside of the Commissioner’s Scope as per 3.1(c)(v).

Rogers twisted my complaint around to highlight the costs I added for reference,in the procedural code you can only complain about costs if you have been wrongly charged/billed.
I haven't got around to re-apply without any mention of cost.
They did call me within a day or two (& said they would call back, still waiting) but did email  & it was all completed well within the time frame quoted.

@Tiger955 and @SweetAnOn68 have a look at the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Together-with-Shaw/Migration-from-Shaw-Mobile-to-Rogers-Mobile...

I wonder if Rogers will also tell ISED, the Competition Bureau and the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry to take a hike as Rogers plan pricing, as per its agreement with the Minister is essentially none of their business ??

Lets see, where were we:

https://ised-isde.canada.ca/site/mobile-plans/en/undertakings-rogers-communications-inc-related-its-...

To paraphrase the release by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada

Whereas on March 13, 2021, Rogers Communications Inc. ("Rogers") entered into an agreement to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Shaw Communications Inc. ("Shaw")

Now therefore, for good and valuable consideration which is hereby acknowledged, Rogers hereby undertakes and agrees to the following:

5. In addition, Rogers agrees to honour the Shaw Mobile Pricing Commitment by offering wireless plans to Shaw Mobile customers as at the Closing Date with the same terms and conditions (including eligibility) as the current Shaw Mobile plans for five years following the Closing Date. Rogers also agrees to include the Shaw Mobile Pricing Commitment in its terms of service with all Shaw Mobile customers as at the Closing Date.

8. In recognition of the legally binding commitments in this Agreement, Rogers agrees that it will be liable to pay the Minister a pre-liquidated sum of $100 million dollars for every year (beginning on the first anniversary of the Closing Date) in which any material element of any commitment outlined in this Agreement is not met or remains unfulfilled upon written notice by the Minister, provided that, in all circumstances, the total pre-liquidated sum payable by Rogers to the Minister in connection with this Agreement will not exceed (i) $100 million per year and (ii) $1 billion in the aggregate. ........

11. This Agreement is binding upon Rogers and the Minister, and their respective successors and permitted assigns.

13.. Any notice required or permitted to be given in connection with this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be sufficiently given if delivered (whether in person, by courier service, mail or electronically):

To Rogers at:

Rogers Communications Inc.
333 Bloor St. East, 10th Floor
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9

Attention: Chief Legal Officer
Email: legal.notices@rci.rogers.com

To the Minister at:

Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
235 Queen Street (6th Floor, East Tower)
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H5

Attention: Director General, Spectrum Management Operations Branch
Email: spectrumoperations-operationsduspectre@ised-isde.gc.ca

So, the devil is in the details.  What does Rogers really consider as included in the original Shaw pricing plans and what does it consider as goodies outside of those plans, that aren't regulated by the agreement, as Rogers sees it?

WayJay
I've been around

I had 2 free Vancouver phone numbers with Shaw Mobile and when the merger happened, I was told that the transition would be smooth and nothing would change with my payments for the next 3 years. Which means these two phone lines would be $0 for me for the next 3 years.  

The transition was not smooth at all. First, porting the numbers over from Shaw to Rogers was a nightmare, one number went through and the second got suck and it took forever for them to figure out why. 

Then at the end of 2023 I had to pay $23 for both (what was supposed to be free lines )because of issues, which then they gave me back as credit; not a refund. Then in January, the bill came correct with $0 both both lines. But then in Feb, for inexplicable reason, I was charged $5 for each line ($10 total). When I called to ask why this was the case, I was told, "if you set up a pre-authorized credit card payment, you would get $5 off my bill. And because you don't have that, you were charged $5 per line." Which I ask, "so I'm being charged $5 on a free phone because I didn't give pre-authorization?" And the answer was "yes". There then was nothing they could do about as this is how the system was set up. 

So basically, I was being charged $10 total for what was supposed to be a 2 free phone numbers from my Shaw Mobile days, because I didn't give Rogers authorization to pre-charge my credit card. Where's the logic in that? it's not a "$5 off if you give the information" it's more of "give Rogers authorization or we'll charge you $5." It's taking $5 as hostage!  Terrible system, terrible experience. I still have negative balance on my account, but it's not worth trying to get that back. I'll be leaving Rogers. It's sad, I used to like Rogers services years back. 

RSBC
I've been here awhile

I’m in the midst of trying to explaining to rogers rep the free phone plan which was to be honoured pre migration, frustration frustration, I’m so upset with Rogers, we have been taken advantage of 

if unable to get my plan corrected I’m done with rogers too

RSBC
I've been here awhile

They tell me Auto pay is a requirement for a free phone plan from shaw, otherwise you will be charged 5 per month for a free phone, you gotta laugh for crying 

still confused as mine is 10 per month 

Diminished trust level 

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 12 in conversation