cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw migration Nightmare

E98
I've been around

I bought a phone from Shaw before all the talk about Rogers buying Shaw. I was making monthly payments, that was the contract that I signed with Shaw. When I transferred my account with Rogers, I thought my tab will transfer as well. NOPE and out of nowhere Shaw wanted me to pay $896.00. I spend all morning on October 26 trying to get a solution from Rogers or Shaw, nobody could give me an answer or solution. I continued paying the phone but next thing you know, Pro-collection agency was harassing me, at first I thought it was scam calls but then after so many calls I decided to answer and it was the agency threating to ruin my credit if I did not pay Shaw. I asked them why they were calling if I have never stop paying, the amount I was paying was not good enough for Shaw. I borrow the money to pay two large sum as they keep harassing me,  I got an email from them today that if I do not pay the whole amount before December 13, they will send my name to credit bureaus on December 13. They can cancel our contracts any time but we as customers cannot. SHAME

*** Edited labels ***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Shaw migration Nightmare

RogersYasmine

Hello @E98 ,

Oh no! I can certainly understand what pickle you are in. 😞

Just to help clarify, the option to have your MyTab mobile Shaw balance transferred over to Rogers during a migration, only came in to effect at the end of October. I believe this change went into effect on October 23rd. 

Prior to this, any Shaw mobile customers who had a MyTab balance remaining and decided to migrate early, would have been automatically charged out by Shaw on their next bill. At that time, we were only proactively reaching out to customers who did NOT have a tab and were eligible for the migration.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation