cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not same service after migration to Rogers

afreitasoca
I've been here awhile

I used to have a great service with Shaw and I am really disappointed that Rogers acquired it and moved the customer the way they did.
I used to have great internet coverage and great customer service, but after the migration the signal coverage decreased, also the speeds, the customer service is terrible, not mentioning the migration that was a nightmare.
I am a former Rogers customer who migrated to Bell and now I am kind of stuck to Rogers because my Shaw plan had a great value.
The impression I have is that as the Shaw plans were cheaper compared to Rogers, they are giving those customers a bad service to force them to go to other providers.
I am at the moment trying to contact support and I am stuck waiting on the customer service line.
Other thing is that my former account is still active and I could not register it with my new number from Shaw.
The way Rogers managed to do this migration from Shaw, as mentioned by several customers, was disastrous and I think it will be an example of how you not do it.
Even paying probably 20-25 bucks more if I can not fix the problem I will move to Telus or Bell, which I think is what they wanted for the Shaw clients.

***ADDED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not same service after migration to Rogers

afreitasoca
I've been here awhile
For my surprise, even after waiting around 45 minutes, I got a very good techinical support. They did not rush and instructed me to do several tests and I got an improvements on my connection. I will be testing the changes in the next couple of weeks and if really works well in other location I will need to adjust this post and acknowledge Rogers was able to fix the issue and provide the expected service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

afreitasoca
I've been here awhile
For my surprise, even after waiting around 45 minutes, I got a very good techinical support. They did not rush and instructed me to do several tests and I got an improvements on my connection. I will be testing the changes in the next couple of weeks and if really works well in other location I will need to adjust this post and acknowledge Rogers was able to fix the issue and provide the expected service.

I'm glad to hear you were able to get the technical support you needed to help resolve this matter, @afreitasoca.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulties!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Lotta
I've been around

Agreed 100%. I loved Shaw's customer service, and now can't get away from Rogers fast enough. This has been a nightmare deal for customers - Rogers didn't become Shaw, Shaw became Rogers, and if I wanted to be a Rogers client, I would have made the switch myself 20 years ago.

Good day @Lotta,

Thank you for being a Rogers Together With Shaw customer. We appreciate you took the time to share your feedback with us.

Knowing that you had a less than ideal experience with our customer support team is disheartning.

May I ask the details of the matter that required attention? Are you able to confirm whether the problematic is resolved at this time?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help.

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 in conversation