cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaw together with Rogers Billing — Auto Pay

Hmm
I'm a reliable contributor

I don't know if this forum is for Shaw customers (Internet, Home Phone). But I'll post anyways.

A family member recently cancelled a preauthorized credit card payment around July 9, 2024.

The current bill states that the amount will still be automatically deducted on July 27, 2024. However, Shaw's terms and conditions specify that changes may take one full billing cycle to reflect in the system.

When I called on July 16, 2024, a Shaw representative assured me that  manually make a payment on July 27, 2024 will be necessary and there will not be a double payment (where Shaw automatically deducts the payment from the account).

This seems to contradict your policy. 
Can you clarify?

**Labels Updated**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shaw together with Rogers Billing — Auto Pay

RogersYasmine

Hello @Hmm ,

Thanks for posting your inquiry! 🙂

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to verify Shaw's policy when it comes to changing from pre-authorized payment structure to manual payments, since they do have a separate billing system from Rogers at the present time. 

Generally speaking, if they advised you that a one-time payment is necessary, once that payment is made, your balance should be at zero and so there shouldn't be any payment taken from your account even if the final preauthorized payment tries to go through. 

On the Rogers end, we typically ask customers to make the change 2-3 days before the scheduled payment date if they are moving from pre-authorized to manual payments, however, when changing from manual to pre-authorized payments, this may take 1 full billing period to go through which is why we ask customers to make a one-time manual payment for any current balances.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersYasmine

Hello @Hmm ,

Thanks for posting your inquiry! 🙂

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to verify Shaw's policy when it comes to changing from pre-authorized payment structure to manual payments, since they do have a separate billing system from Rogers at the present time. 

Generally speaking, if they advised you that a one-time payment is necessary, once that payment is made, your balance should be at zero and so there shouldn't be any payment taken from your account even if the final preauthorized payment tries to go through. 

On the Rogers end, we typically ask customers to make the change 2-3 days before the scheduled payment date if they are moving from pre-authorized to manual payments, however, when changing from manual to pre-authorized payments, this may take 1 full billing period to go through which is why we ask customers to make a one-time manual payment for any current balances.

I hope this helps! 🙂

RogersYasmine

Hmm
I'm a reliable contributor

Hi @RogersYasmine 

Thank you for your reply. I'm having issues with using the quote feature when composing the reply. Each time something odd happens like this message: Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Anyways, I suspect the two billing systems will eventually merge. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't yet. 

Having escalated my issue and receiving a formal response (from Shaw), this is what they wrote:

"As per our terms of service, when changing pre-authorized payments it would take 1 full billing cycle for the changes to appear on your actual bill.

When cancelling pre-authorized payments it only needs a minimum of 5 days before the due date for it to cancel."

So in my case, I'm good as I have provided enough notice. Unfortunately, nobody at Shaw could verify this to be true — 100%.

Hopefully, this will be helpful for others as it seems your system is similar to Shaw in this regard, albeit you require a few days less notice. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation