cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to Ignite TV - NextBox Recordings

dcdanko
I plan to stick around

My condo is switching to Ignite as of May 1.  I have a lot of saved content on my Netbox PVR.  How do I save this content or upload it to the new Ignite cloud recorder?  I d9 not want to lose this content!

***Edited Labels***

dariad
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switch to Ignite TV - NextBox Recordings

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

If you own the NextBox PVR, connect it to a UPS and disconnect the coax cable BEFORE YOU ACTIVATE IGNITE TV.  You will still be able to watch the content as long as the cable box stays online. 

Although this worked a while back, I don't believe it works any more. I took all the precautions, like a UPS and disconnected coax, however, I could not watch my recordings at home after my migration to IgniteTV as the box wanted to boot.  I believe that Rogers changed the firmware so that a nightly reboot is required.  See my posts on the topic in the link below:  The recordings are still on the box and are available when the box is connected to legacy digital cable (I gave my box to a friend), however, they will likely not be available to you and there aren't many people left on legacy digital any more either.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Transfer-Recording-From-Digital-TV-To-Ignite-TV/m-p/...

I suggest you watch as many of your recordings as possible before the migration and as mentioned by @Biollw , a lot of content is now available on the web.  PVRs have always been considered time-shifting devices, not archiving devices.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

With the multitude of free streaming services these days 99% chance you can find your recordings online. And most likely you wouldn't watch them again anyway.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dcdanko wrote:

My condo is switching to Ignite as of May 1.  I have a lot of saved content on my Netbox PVR.  How do I save this content or upload it to the new Ignite cloud recorder?  I d9 not want to lose this content!

If you own the NextBox PVR, connect it to a UPS and disconnect the coax cable BEFORE YOU ACTIVATE IGNITE TV.  You will still be able to watch the content as long as the cable box stays online.  However, if the box should ever lock-up or reboot, it will not reauthorize and you will lose access to your recordings.

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer your recordings to Ignite; the only thing that you can do is record programs that you really want to save on a VCR, a DVD recorder, or a video capture device such as a Hauppauge HD PVR.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

If you own the NextBox PVR, connect it to a UPS and disconnect the coax cable BEFORE YOU ACTIVATE IGNITE TV.  You will still be able to watch the content as long as the cable box stays online. 

Although this worked a while back, I don't believe it works any more. I took all the precautions, like a UPS and disconnected coax, however, I could not watch my recordings at home after my migration to IgniteTV as the box wanted to boot.  I believe that Rogers changed the firmware so that a nightly reboot is required.  See my posts on the topic in the link below:  The recordings are still on the box and are available when the box is connected to legacy digital cable (I gave my box to a friend), however, they will likely not be available to you and there aren't many people left on legacy digital any more either.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Transfer-Recording-From-Digital-TV-To-Ignite-TV/m-p/...

I suggest you watch as many of your recordings as possible before the migration and as mentioned by @Biollw , a lot of content is now available on the web.  PVRs have always been considered time-shifting devices, not archiving devices.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation