cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Dates Missing on Channels

paullj
I plan to stick around

Why have the dates of production/release been removed from all channels? Very annoying as do not know if watching an original movie or remake. For TV shows they are usually not shown in series, but random so I would like to know at least what season I am watching. These like regressions one by one are enough to either change subscribers or better still HD antenna and get 45 over air channels at zero $$, and some of them you don’t even offer and they are good. GRIT TV for one.

**Labels Added**

66 REPLIES 66

Re: Release Dates Missing on Channels

lenbar
I've been around

Can anyone confirm if the Ignite TV guide is any better? Does it show the full info, including the release date?

Hello, @lenbar

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how important it is to have an intuitive guide for your TV service. The Ignite TV guide offers a lot of features that are not possible using the digital cable service. You can learn more about it by checking out this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/9VJQ2MUkPQ4.

The release date is available on Ignite TV.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

paullj
I plan to stick around

Okay so what did Rogers do to the Digital service, this WAS working 3 weeks ago, or do those customers not count? Again seems like pushing IPTV instead of fixing the existing.

shas500
I plan to stick around
Don't the non-Ignite customers count?

TimMcCree
I plan to stick around

Rogers, I don't care about Ignite.   You can stop trying to push it on me, and others here, who do not want it.

What you CAN do is get off your butts and fix this problem that we've been complaining about for nearly three weeks now.  How hard can it be, for God's sake!?

Or did I hear someone say Bell?

Hello, @shas500 & @TimMcCree

We appreciate you posting your concerns about the issues regarding the missing date information in the interactive program guide (IPG).

This is a known issue that we are aware of. We have escalated this to the teams responsible for the IPG content and they are investigating and working on a solution.

Thanks so much for your patience while we work on getting this resolved.

RogersTony

Thetallguy
I've been here awhile
C'mon Rogers. Fix this. It is SO ANNOYING to have to IMDB every movie. And if it's a remake who knows which one it might be? As far as TV shows, it could be any season, any episode... I mean, help us out here!

TimMcCree
I plan to stick around

I keep getting this e-mail:

Hello,

This is an update about your case number C168363474.

We heard from you on July 27, 2021 about a problem you were having with your Rogers Cable Television Service.

We’re sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this.

We will contact you as soon as there's an update available.

Thanks for choosing Rogers.

Thank me for my patience!? 

I am rapidly running out of patience (and I'm far from alone) because of your inability to fix a simple issue such as this.   This should have been resolved weeks ago.    

No more delays!  No more excuses!  Fix this problem and fix it NOW!!!

Thetallguy
I've been here awhile
I saw a print copy of a newspaper the other day. Remember newspapers? It had a TV Guide. It had dates. Not bad for a near extinct media source. Perhaps Rogers should offer a free newspaper subscription with their TV service so we can figure out what they're broadcasting??

shas500
I plan to stick around

I agree 100%. Print TV guides always included release dates from as far back as I can remember (i.e. the 1960s). People expect to see this information. It is ridiculous that Rogers has omitted it.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Not sure if they still doing it, but back in the days, there was a french weekly magazine (7 jours) had a printed TV Guide included.

But with the large amount of channels we have now, it might be too expensive to produce.

An option I would love to see is a weekly PDF digital TV guide send on your email.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Any reason why you all are sticking with digital instead of switching to Ignite? Unless you still have a really good promotion with your digital tv service, you’d likely get much better pricing with Ignite. I know because I’ve been there 🙂

I’m not trying to push anyone, but the reality is that Rogers isn’t putting as much effort as they used to into maintaining their digital tv platform, and the removal of release dates is proof of it. The future is IPTV and that’s where their focus is. If I was a gambling man, I’d bet that digital tv will continue to erode and the service will continue to degrade over time. Rogers does not want to maintain two different platforms and I don’t blame them. They will free up a lot of spectrum and capacity as they migrate more customers to Ignite…capacity that they can reallocate to making internet service better, faster, and more reliable. So by switching to Ignite, you’ll not only get a much better tv experience, but you’d also be supporting the longer term benefits of improved internet service…a win-win scenario!

For the longest time, I was VERY reluctant to switch to Ignite. Having been on Ignite for a few months now, the only thing I regret is not switching sooner. It’s a great product, and the wife and kids love it too.

Just my 2 cents.

TeddyBear387
I've been here awhile

Rogers is part of my rent, I have no control over it.  It goes up every 2 years or so and we get no input.   I'm not working right now so getting Ignite is not an option. Why have they removed the dates - does anyone know?  It's very strange, of all the things they could filter they filter the year of production?  Weird. 

paullj
I plan to stick around

If it is broken it is broken, fix it. There are many thing in this world that are “Legacy” devices and still have to be maintained. In areas Ignite is NOT available is Rogers just going to ignore the problem? I have the old VIP package and it is not worth the money paying for it with multi channels repeated, and constant reruns of reruns that you don’t know when created

userguy69
I've been here awhile

I brought this issue up and it was basically confirmed to me during a live chat that Rogers digital cable will, sooner than later, be decommissioned. These tactics of making it worse and worse are part of their strategy to push people over to IgniteTV. Just like the push away from analog TV during the last decade, this move will leave older/less tech savvy/less well-off TV viewers out of luck

The Canadian TV/internet/mobile market is run by the two big companies and there's nothing we can do about it because the CRTC just sides with them. The only solution is nationalization of the industry so that Canadians can actually help shape the future of telecom or we will continue to pay the world's highest rates for a subpar product/service.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
Ignoring the issues of those of us still on digital is a poor way to build any loyalty
to stick with Rogers.

shas500
I plan to stick around
Bell Fibe was just installed in my neighbourhood, so I am looking into getting that. I don't like wireless in my home, and prefer a wired connection. The problem with Ignite is that there is a growing number of consumers that are questioning the safety of 5G. Customers should have the option for either wireless or wired.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Bell Fibe is IPTV, just like Ignite, and more than likely, the tv service will also be wireless. Just note that by “wireless”, I’m referring to your in-home WiFi network and not 5G cellular service. Both Ignite TV and Bell Fibe TV use your WiFi network, or you can wire the tv boxes via ethernet if you can run ethernet from tv box back to the gateway.

From my experience, Ignite TV is better than Bell Fibe TV. If Bell’s service is fibre right to your home, then their internet service will be better than Rogers (assuming your Rogers service is coax). But when speaking about tv service specifically, I find Ignite to be much better than Fibe overall. Fibe does do a few things better than Ignite, but all around, Ignite is a much better product in my opinion. So if you’re thinking of switching to Fibe to get away from Ignite thinking you’ll get a better tv experience, you may find yourself disappointed.

paullj
I plan to stick around

And how is Ignite better than Fibe? as Bell offers a few more channels, less same channels repeated, (for equivalent tv package) and they offer multicultural programming that Rogers will not even consider broadcasting (asked)

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shas500 wrote:
Bell Fibe was just installed in my neighbourhood, so I am looking into getting that. I don't like wireless in my home, and prefer a wired connection.

Bell's FTTH Internet service is great but Fibe TV is currently running on equipment that has reached end-of-life and was supposed to have been replaced years ago, and their next-generation of hardware and IPTV middleware is still in testing.

If you want a TV service that is transmitted over coax, your only other option is Satellite.

Digital Cable has no future.  Rogers will keep the service running to the best of their ability but its days are numbered, and it does not make business sense for Rogers to spend any more money keeping the service alive than it absolutely needs to.

The problem with Ignite is that there is a growing number of consumers that are questioning the safety of 5G. Customers should have the option for either wireless or wired.

Unfortunately, there is way too much misinformation out there, being peddled and spread by conspiracy theorists and alt-right "news" outlets to anybody who will listen... and the craziest of the misinformed are burning down cell towers in Canada and across the world for no (valid) reason.

5G cellular and 5GHz Wi-Fi are also two TOTALLY different technologies.

Pretty much everything runs on 2.4 and 5GHz wireless these days.  The most dangerous thing in your house (operating on the 2.4 GHz band) is probably your microwave oven.

Keep in mind that you can run Ignite TV over a wired Ethernet connection.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@paullj wrote:

And how is Ignite better than Fibe? as Bell offers a few more channels, less same channels repeated, (for equivalent tv package) and they offer multicultural programming that Rogers will not even consider broadcasting (asked)

I switched from Fibe TV to Ignite.  There are things that I like and dislike about both services.  However, I have absolutely no regrets about making the switch to Ignite TV.  Rogers' network is better (Bell only offers VDSL in my area) and the software on the Ignite set-top boxes is MUCH less buggy.  You really can't appreciate the differences between Ignite TV and Fibe TV until you have actually used both.

At some point in the near future, Bell's Fibe TV service will migrate to a different platform and will have more in common with Ignite TV, including a cloud PVR service.  It will be based on MediaKind's MediaFirst TV platform and will use a set-top box that runs Android TV.  (Start's TV service and Cogeco's EPICO service are also based on that platform.)

As for the programming packages that are available, each TV provider is different and targets a different demographic.  You need to pick what works best for you.

Topic Stats