cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part II AMC Gone Missing Again

a084299
I plan to stick around

Last night AMC went missing again and I couldn't record The walking Dead or Interview With A Vampire.

The last time it happened was in April;old post below.

The schedule is there and you can set a program to record.At the appropriate time,the red record light comes on and it shows up on the recorded and scheduled recording screen.At the end of the recording,if I press play,I get a message"Recording Not Available""this recording can't be played .The channel might have been blank during the recording or the program is on a disconnected external disk".After the record light goes out at the conclusion,nothing shows up on the recorded list.

The last time it happened,it came back days later with a signal frequency change and I hope the same thing happens again.For a while,after the first occurence,I would test the channel to see if it was on before I set a recording.I had stopped doing this.

The signal strength is fine and I have a theory of what happens.There are numerous frequency changes occurring

all the time and numerous channels have the same frequency.I wonder if a frequency of the channel gets locked and then Rogers makes a frequency change but the old frequency is still attached and that channel goes black.

I don't know if this is significant,but this morning both HBO 01 and AMC had the same frequency.Last night I was recording both of these channels at the same time,for the same time period.

Last night after The Walking Dead  did not show up when I tried to watch it after watching House Of Dragons,I set a couple of other recordings later,but none of the recordings showed up this morning and the AMC channel was black.I did not think to check it last night before setting the new recordings.

Why do I just have this problem with AMC?

Rogers:The gift that keeps on giving. 

***Edited Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Part II AMC Gone Missing Again

a084299
I plan to stick around

Shortly after posting yesterday,I checked for AMC and it had returned already with the same frequency as in the morning when it was black.I forgot to check the frequency of HBO 01,but this morning I checked and its frequency had changed.I don't know if there is any relation.

Partheon
I plan to stick around

I also been having problems with AMC HD channel for the last few days, the AMC HD channel been black for a few days now. The SD channel of AMC is working but not the HD. User a084299 you can always check out The Walking Dead on Rogers on Demand if you missed it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, AMC seems to be OK on IgniteTV, so it doesn't appear to be an AMC issue. I just checked and Tremors was on and coming in fine on my TV and the IgniteTV app.

II don't normally watch anything on AMC, but I thought I'd check for you.

Partheon
I plan to stick around

looks like they fixed the problems, the AMC HD channel is working now thanks

RRF1
I plan to stick around
Still not fixed at 2PM Oct.12.
I opened a second ticket this morning. First ticket was Friday for GLFHD missing. It was temporarily fixed in a few hours, but then AMCHD and GLFHD went on and off all weekend.
SD channels are fine.
Rogers support was told it is an AMC problem, but I don't believe AMC provides a separate SD feed.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
Recieved another text from Rogers claiming that the AMCHD issue had been resolved...but no change. Still no AMCHD this morning.
That makes 2 tickets closed, both claiming the issue was fixed. One ticket reported it was an AMC issue, even though the SD channels and Ignite work.

Hello, @RRF1

Thank you for posting your concerns to the community.

It's very disappointing to hear about the issues you are having trying to access the AMC channel.

We'll need to review the ticket notes to see why it was closed. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Sent you a PM...

It is now Friday Oct 14 8:30PM and still just a blank screen on AMCHD Ch.482 on digital cable out of the Scarlett Rd. headend, with 2 SA8300HD STBs.....

Both STB's have been power cycled several times and rebooted by support.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Update: Oct 18th 5:30PM

2 service contractors spent 3 hours yesterday examining my in-house wiring, before escalating to the maintenance department.

I even ran them a new line from the tap to the PVR input, and still had just a blank screen on AMCHD on both PVR's.

Unfortunately no one had a digital cable box that was authorized for this headend.

Maintenance came by later that evening but reported it was working at my tap. No mention of a test box used and if so what model.

I am now forced to wait 4 more days for the service contractor to return from his days off with an authorized test box.  😕

RRF1
I plan to stick around
RogersTony is now suggesting that both my PVR's are faulty, and that they developed this fault at exactly the same time last week.
Even though the SA8300HD is a completely different DHCT than the Nextbox they tested with, they are using this as an excuse to force me to Ignite, where I will lose outlets and channels like Fox29.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

2 Nextbox PVR's were brought over by techs for testing last week.

Both failed to work.

They opened a new ticket and have not been heard from anyone since.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's actually a good thing (that their boxes failed). Rogers should now be able to authorize your existing boxes properly.  This takes no time at all once you have them on the line, so you may wish to call them (I always ask them to wait on the line while I check if their efforts have had an effect on the box (when it comes to channels, because that change is instant).  They often close tickets very quickly and often don't advise you either...

RRF1
I plan to stick around
I'll try again to re-authorize the 2 boxes...it has been a week since last time.

Their boxes would not even boot up in their truck off the tap.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
No progress with re-authorizing.
Now waiting on another "senior" tech to arrive Wednesday. I hope this time they send an actual Rogers tech, who has some knowledge of the SDV system.
My next step is to try customer service to see if the AMCHD channel has been removed from my VIP package. ..but I doubt that is the issue as there would then be an on-screen message.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Finally !!

After opening another ticket I finally reached a support tech who reviewed all the closed tickets and escalated the issue to her manager. The manager arranged for a Rogers Senior tech to come and investigate.

That tech confirmed my issue and related that he had seen this issue before.

He escalated the issue to the Maintenance department, who then escalated the issue to the headend techs.

After opening a line of communication between us, they tried a solution, but it failed to resolve the blank screen issue. 

However most headend service affecting processes must be performed during a maintenance window (4:00AM-6:00AM), and by this morning my AMCHD channel was finally restored. 

I got the run-around for 20 days, with several tickets closed with no results. All the time telling me it was my hardware problem, even though their STB's would not work also. I tested, developed the network management system, approved and supported the NOC for the SDV platform starting in 2008, but all the level one support staff (except for the new girl...2 weeks on the job) just ignored my input.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Nicely done. I didn't know when or how this would end. I like happy endings, but if there's a season 2, I'm assuming that the new girl eventually gets fired for failing to get you to convert to Ignite, but then randomly bumps into you at a job fair and then she eventually becomes your dog walker. Sealed with a kiss. 💋
NOC NOC.
Who's there?
Ignite TV.
Door slams. 😱
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation