Hello, I have a new QLED Samsung 65" tv with Rogers Cable (Nextbox 8642) which has intermittent audio sync issues. It happens with live tv, and not all the time. However once it starts it doesn't correct; might be fine next time I start tv, but no guarantee.
Issue also happens with live tv through my Firestick. I have tried to move a different cable box (same model) from a different room with no positive result.
Netflix, Amazon etc all work without issue.
This started with the installation of the new tv, never had the issue with the Sony (10 yrs old) that this new unit replaced.
Samsung has replaced main board and updated Firmware with no fix as of yet.
Any thoughts ? thank you
Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃
Thank you for posting your intermittent audio sync issue with Live TV in the Community. I appreciate the details provided.
Are you using an audio system or noticing the sync issue with TV speakers? Have you tried manually selecting the resolution to 720p or 1080i? I believe an 8642 box can't output a resolution higher than 1080i.
When the issue is occurring, have you tried changing the TV input? Like cycling through the different inputs and then back to input the box is on.
@57 may have more ideas to remedy the issue.
The sync issues is with the tv speakers(dont have external speakers). I have tried cycling thru different inputs, changing inputs, rogers signal was tested remotely with no known issue. The tv signal channel was switched via rogers at the router as well. thanks for your help
1. I dont see an option in the settings on the nextbox to change resolution.
3. The problem also is there when streaming live tv thru my firestick. Would this not mean the issue is someplace other than the box itself?
1. The output format should be there. Go to Settings - Appearance - TV Type. There should be several options there. This assumes you have an HD or 4K Nextbox. What is the exact model number of your Nextbox?
2. Try changing the Audio Output format to "Other" instead of Dolby Digital. Go To Settings - Audio Output.
3. Here's a post on Synch Issues which may help: