cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung QLED TV Intermittent Audio Sync Issue with Live TV

jdiesel23
I'm here a lot

Hello, I have a new QLED Samsung 65" tv with Rogers Cable (Nextbox 8642) which has intermittent audio sync issues. It happens with live tv, and not all the time. However once it starts it doesn't correct; might be fine next time I start tv, but no guarantee.

Issue also happens with live tv through my Firestick. I have tried to move a different cable box (same model) from a different room with no positive result.

Netflix, Amazon etc all work without issue. 

This started with the installation of the new tv, never had the issue with the Sony (10 yrs old) that this new unit replaced.

Samsung has replaced main board and updated Firmware with no fix as of yet.

Any thoughts ? thank you

*Added Labels*

10 REPLIES 10

Re: New Samsung QLED TV Intermittent Audio Sync Issue with Live TV

RogersMoin

Hello, @jdiesel23.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your intermittent audio sync issue with Live TV in the Community. I appreciate the details provided. 

Are you using an audio system or noticing the sync issue with TV speakers? Have you tried manually selecting the resolution to 720p or 1080i? I believe an 8642 box can't output a resolution higher than 1080i.

When the issue is occurring, have you tried changing the TV input? Like cycling through the different inputs and then back to input the box is on.

@57 may have more ideas to remedy the issue. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin 

I dont see an option in the settings on the nextbox to change resolution however the problem also is there when streaming live tv thru my firestick. Would this not mean the issue is someplace other than the box itself? 

The sync issues is with the tv speakers(dont have external speakers). I have tried cycling thru different inputs, changing inputs, rogers signal was tested remotely with no known issue. The tv signal channel was switched via rogers at the router as well. thanks for your help

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jdiesel23 wrote:

1. I dont see an option in the settings on the nextbox to change resolution.

3. The problem also is there when streaming live tv thru my firestick. Would this not mean the issue is someplace other than the box itself? 

1. The output format should be there. Go to Settings - Appearance - TV Type.  There should be several options there.  This assumes you have an HD or 4K Nextbox.  What is the exact model number of your Nextbox?

2. Try changing the Audio Output format to "Other" instead of Dolby Digital.  Go To Settings - Audio Output.

3. Here's a post on Synch Issues which may help:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/audio-synch-problems-on-lost-nov-10th.17429/#post-131926

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just read on another forum that Samsung QLEDs can have a synch issue. Apparently the latest firmware solves the problem, so make sure your firmware is up to date.  Looks like you're not alone.

jdiesel23
I'm here a lot

8642HD is the model of the box. thank you for the reply. If i am having the same issues via streaming through my firestick wouldnt this rule out a problem with the box? I did try the audio out option change on the box with no luck. thanks again.

I will take a look at the link you sent!

jdiesel23
I'm here a lot

and thank you I did find the option to change the video output resolution. Have changed and will see if that works

jdiesel23
I'm here a lot

Thanks for the suggestion. I had samsung tech in last week to update firmware without success.

Kcsdkavanagh
I plan to stick around

I am experiencing the same issue. Purchased a new Samsung Smart TV this week replacing by RCA Smart TV that malfunctioned after 1 year. I set it all up, configured it to work with the Rogers Ignite remote as I need to use it to access the Rogers TV guide and voice commands. I will use Samsung Smart remote when I want to use the smart TV options. It was working fine, until the next day. I turned on the TV, selected Rogers (in HDMI 1 slot) in the menu, it takes about 10 seconds for the screen to max, selected Guide on Rogers remote, cboose a program, no sound. Checked sound from both remotes and appears setup correcvtly and I see bars moving. I check other Samsung app using the Samsung remote and there is sound whe  choosing an app like Samsung TV, Prime Video, YouTube. Just no sound when I select Rogers. I reset the TV back to factory settings and went through the set up process again and the sound returned. Until I turned the TV off and back on. No sound again when wanting to use Rogers Ignite. I shouldn't have to do  factory reset everytime I turn on the TV! 

Hey @Kcsdkavanagh !

Thanks so much for posting your issue here in our Rogers community! 

Based on your description, could it be an issue with the firmware? Please check to make sure it is up to date on your device. 

Another thing you may want to try is connecting via a different HDMI port? Just to be sure that is not the issue. 

Please keep us posted! 🙂

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation