cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Channel Quality

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Picture quality of the Golf Channel lately is absolutely terrible. The whole picture is broken up into little squares. Even when it was better it was still way below the quality of the major networks. How is this even permitted?

***Edited Labels***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Golf Channel Quality

RRF1
I plan to stick around
The picture quality is back to its lousy standard again. Not even watchable tonight.

mroadster1
I've been here awhile

All good for me right now, but who knows what it was an hour ago. I called last week, had a new ticket opened, C174109339, although it was all clear when I raised it. Agent said she would request that the channel be monitored for a week, as it was intermittent. As usual, nobody read her notes, and it was closed the next day as no trouble found. She agreed that since it was on all of our boxes when it happened, and the nature of how intermittent it was, that it was more likely a network issue and they should be able to solve it by monitoring. But, they don't seem to care about solving this. Pretty sure they're doing this to drive us off Digital to Ignite, or just drive us away.

RRF1
I plan to stick around

It was improved for me this morning also...but still the worst picture quality of all the channels. 

Even CNN is presented in the lowest quality it can get away with. Every time their is a scene change, the picture goes blurry for a moment

I almost reconsidered Ignite, but even with the Premier package, I lose many channels...such as Fox.

It was bad enough when they removed FoxRacing with no notice or compensation, but now even Fox from Buffalo does not appear to be available on Ignite Premier as a regular channel or a Flex channel.  

AMB_TO
I plan to stick around
I have noticed this same issue for a. Long time specifically with the Golf ‘HD’ channel (I think we can acknowledge there is nothing HD about it). From googling I have also found similar complaints on various US services (Comcast for eg) so my assumption is that this a problem from the source. Which is really sad. I rejigged my whole channel line up at one pt just so I could get this channel and a lot of the time it’s almost unwatchable.
Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 in conversation