cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment Return

lisaforbes
I've been here awhile
For those of you looking to return your rent to own cable and PVR boxes - don’t bother! I had store staff (multiple locations) tell me they are worth $50 each if given to “specific corporate stores”. I drove from Store to store and even had to waste an hour instore with a retention staff member before they would accept the boxes (2). No refund ever came! I just wasted another 1 1/2 hr on the phone today and still no refund even though they confirmed I should have!!!! Oh…they won’t give the boxes back either! Customer service and retention is terrible! I had moved out of a Rogers service area (why I cancelled) and now in progress of a new build (in a Rogers Area) I will not be a future Rogers customer.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Equipment Return

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

do you still rent them or is the rent to own period over and they are owned by you? this is the key difference we need to know.

if you rent them, you can easily return rental euqiptment and stop rental charges, if you own them, you should have something in writing about how much they are willing to buy back your old equiotment, and how long they can take to apply the credit, but just be thankful they are taking them back, the old equiptment is obsolete and cant be reactivated anymore by new customers so instead of throwing it in the landfill have them take it back so they can recycle it in a way thats safe for the environment

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@lisaforbes  If you now own the PVRs, Rogers is not  really interested in buying them back because digital cable is approaching end of life. Try selling them on line.  $50 is very optimistic. Since I left Rogers I've been trying to sell a couple of PVRs for months for $20 each with no takers. There are lots on Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace is flooded with them.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

lisaforbes
I've been here awhile

I brought them in when returning my rental equipment - the store staff were the ones to offer me credit!  They told me that I had to return them to a corporate store to receive credit.  I didn't know the process.  I have friends/family who would have taken a 'free' PVR for sure.

lisaforbes
I've been here awhile

The customer should not be held hostage by mis-information from Rogers employees.  There is no way anyone would drive out of region to return customer owned and paid for equipment for free?  This is noted on the file, and although policies change and maybe not offered now, this is what was offered.  Not giving credit and not returning equipment is not acceptable

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The various credits for PVRs and STBs depended on the make/model of box(es) and was also contingent on switching to IgniteTV.  I don't believe there was a credit if you simply cancelled, especially recently. 

The credit was part of the negotiations when/if you switched to IgniteTV and was probably only given when asked or negotiated since many people rent. The people at the stores who stated that there were credits were probably assuming you were still going to continue to be a Rogers customer and may also have been working with out-of-date information.  

When you returned the boxes, you should have received a document to that effect for your records and any credits would have been mentioned on that document.  I never believe anything regarding accounts/credits, etc without documentation.   I would also not return any equipment anywhere without confirmation documentation because some time in the future Rogers may be looking for that equipment if the store clerk didn't enter the return information correctly.

@lisaforbes wrote:

The customer should not be held hostage by mis-information from Rogers employees.  There is no way anyone would drive out of region to return customer owned and paid for equipment for free?  This is noted on the file, and although policies change and maybe not offered now, this is what was offered.  Not giving credit and not returning equipment is not acceptable

Your right, the customer should not be held hostage.   The problem lies where each individual location sets their own policy and does not share it with head office or other affiliate locations and then if the policy changes the rest of the people are not aware.   They can easily compensate you for the mis-information just report this to a supervisor and let them handle  your case. be sure to get a case number

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation