cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A.M. RESTART, REBOOT of Digital TV

jonjaymcc
I'm here a lot

A.M. Restart, Reboot of Digital TV.

The am early morning Digital TV restart, reboot interfere's with reasonable enjoyment of Rogers Communication Digital TV subscription.

Digital TV restart reboot in am substantially interfere's with my enjoyment of Digital TV before retiring for the night.

This DIgital TV restart reboot in am morning each day should be done in the background and not interfere with the reasonable enjoyment of Rogers Communication broadcasting.

A reasonable expectation of a subscription is the subscriber not to interfere with payment.

Rogers Communication not to interfere with subscription.

Why does a subscriber up to date payment have  a Rogers Communication inference with subscription?

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A.M. RESTART, REBOOT of Digital TV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the make/model of your box?  If it's a PVR, then a workaround is to record something while you're watching your programme on the box. This should preclude the reboots. If you record a channel like one of the Stingray music channels (726, etc), then, this will take up very little hard drive activity/space.  You can set it to record say 10PM-2AM and/or 2AM-6AM every day.  Delete the programming once a week...

This has been reported by others, but I don't believe it happens to everyone. It seems to be specific to certain serial/model number boxes.

jonjaymcc
I'm here a lot

NEXTBOX CAV1024D

Thank you for reply.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I assume you mean CAV10242HD.  I don't believe that's a PVR, so the workaround won't work.  Try a reboot?  Try contacting Rogers?

jonjaymcc
I'm here a lot

Try a reboot is the concern between 2 am and 4 am Digital NEXTBOX reboots.
Contact Rogers will do.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation