cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital cable television packages

I plan to stick around

Where would customers of the digital cable television service (not to be confused with the new Ignite platform) be able to find packages and pricing information?  The Web site is extremely poor in navigating and finding this information, and the customer service folks on chat appear to be clueless as to where to find the information.  I don't understand why this information would not be easily accessible to those that subscribe to the service (nor do I understand why the customer service representatives on chat are clueless about where to find the information).

**Labels Added**

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Digital cable television packages

I plan to stick around

For those interested in a solution to the original problem presented in this posting:

• Contact Rogers and ask them to provide you with a PDF file of each of their digital television cable packages, and they will email it to you.  Be prepared to encounter employees that are clueless as to what digital television cable is, and that they send you information on the Ignite platform instead, however after a few hours, you should have the information that you were seeking.
  • If you do not wish to waste your time, go to the following Source Cable Web page, where they list digital television cable packages: https://www.sourcecable.ca/shop/tv/.  The listed packages should be about the same as what Rogers provides; but there may be some differences depending on your location.

Did I say how amazed I was after this entire experience, that a billion Dollar company is unable to provide existing customers with basic information on the services for which they pay?

Babylegs1
I'm a reliable contributor

Rogers no longer carries digital tv

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Babylegs1 wrote:Rogers no longer carries digital tv

That's not exactly true.  Rogers is still providing Legacy Digital Cable to customers who have it, however:

1. They are strongly encouraging customers to switch to IgniteTV and not wait until the last minute (which is rumoured to be the end of 2023) when Legacy will not be available for most households (MDUs excluded probably until their bulk agreements are up).

2. They do this by making it difficult to get technical service on Legacy, if something goes wrong, and by making the pricing, if you're trying to renew and stay on Legacy, quite high.

3. As mentioned by @422151819119 it appears to be possible to renew and get "acceptable" pricing, but it takes a lot of effort as he mentioned in this and other thread(s).  I'm assuming this was worthwhile for him/her, but each person will need to decide if it's worth the effort for what will likely be a relatively short period.

4. It's costing Rogers a lot to run parallel offerings, so, they are strongly encouraging the switch to IgniteTV in various ways as discussed.

jdf
I'm here a lot

Being forced to watch sporting events with Ignite on a 45-60 second delay makes me feel like it's 1975 again.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

What difference does it make unless you are standing in the staduim watching it? 

jdf
I'm here a lot

It has nothing to do with being in a 'stadium' watching it.  I don't want to deal with people messaging me about a scoring play before I see it, or having an app update ahead of my feed.  The delay is bush league, just like the garbage picture.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Guess we need to shorten the wires the internet uses.

jdf
I'm here a lot

If it improves the picture quality I'm all for it.  😁

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Nothing wrong with Ignite's picture quality. 

evenshorter
I've been here awhile

2. Digital Cable is no longer "offered".  It will be discontinued "soon"  (rumoured to be around the end of 2023) and Ignite has been around for almost 5 years.  Digital Cable packages may be continued for some customers on a case by case basis.

I'm interested in knowing more about the Cable packges may be continued for some customers.  Where could I find out more about this. We currently have digital cable in a house where we have 6 digital boxes, 2 pvrs and 3 Seniors who are still learning to use after many, many years.

@evenshorter wrote:

2. Digital Cable is no longer "offered".  It will be discontinued "soon"  (rumoured to be around the end of 2023) and Ignite has been around for almost 5 years.  Digital Cable packages may be continued for some customers on a case by case basis.

I'm interested in knowing more about the Cable packges may be continued for some customers.  Where could I find out more about this. We currently have digital cable in a house where we have 6 digital boxes, 2 pvrs and 3 Seniors who are still learning to use after many, many years.

The post you quoted was from more than a 1.5 years ago.  Back then we did not know much information about legacy digital cable, it was mostly speculation and some hints. However we know for a fact, digital cable is officially end of life, if you still have it, you should start looking now to replace it with rogers ignite offering, or find a tv provider that suits your needs.

What I'm trying to say is do not expect it to continue to work for much longer, you should do something about it soon instead of hoping to hang on to it by a thread.

evenshorter
I've been here awhile

Yes, I realize the post is old, but it's quite scary try to figure out what to do.  We just switched over to Virgin Internet a year ago, and it threw the household into a tizzy.  So I can't even imagine what this is going to do.  I just checked and found out Bell Fibe is not available in my area.  So now I'm going to have to look into Ignite, but that means I'm going to change the internet over.  Thanks for your reply.

Topic Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 16 Likes
  • 10 in conversation