cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels Are Not Showing Up

aeronut3
I've been here awhile

Almost all cable channels are not showing. Two boxes. Both same issue.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Channels Are Not Showing Up

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My first comment would be that it sounds like a signal issue.  You can contact Rogers to check the signal at your box, and/or check the signal yourself:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/57-faq-tips-for-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace.17719/

You can also discuss this with your neighbours to see if they are also being affected or whether it's just you.

Have you done any troubleshooting like rebooting the boxes or contacting Rogers?

aeronut3
I've been here awhile
Thank you for responding. Yes, rebooted both boxes a few times and contacted Rogers and they could not resolve issue remotely. Have not asked the neighbours yet. Rogers, sending Tech on Friday.

aeronut3
I've been here awhile
Technician came and could not resolve the problem, 3/4 of my channels,are out since 30 June. It is now suspected to be some problem of my channel frequencies turned off somehow at the Main Distribution Box. Somebody with keys to the Box is,supposed to go there in a day or two 🤷‍♂️🤦

Armand4
I've been here awhile

I’m having problems with my TV equipment. When I turn the system on, there is often only one channel (Channel No. 1) available. Sometimes, if a program is being recorded at the time, that channel will be available too, but often a completed scheduled recording will contain only a blank screen or a message that the channel is temporarily off-air. While this is happening to our living room TV, the bedroom TV, where we cannot pause or rewind live TV, still has all the channels available for viewing. I conclude that this indicates a problem with the living room equipment, which contains the capacity for recording programs.

Sometimes, when watching a live channel, the picture will freeze, and a check of other channels appears to indicate that something had just happened to make all the channels temporarily off-air.

Several times I have disconnected the electricity for the living room equipment and left it off for several minutes. When re-booted, that equipment sometimes — but not always — has corrected the problem. But the fix always turns out to be temporary, and the problem returns.

Hello, @Armand4.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I appreciate you joining this discussion and providing us with a detailed account of your concern. It does seem your main TV box may not be getting a proper RF signal. 

Your other services like Internet and Home phone, are they working fine? Have you reached out to tech support yet?

You can also send us a private message @CommunityHelps. Please check our blog if you require assistance with private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Armand4
I've been here awhile

My phone and Internet services seem to be working fine, but even though Rogers says it has fixed the problem, my TV service is still frequently presenting Off-Air indications for all channels except No. 1 and any channel that's being recorded.  In fact, sometimes it seems as though the start of a scheduled recording might be the trigger for the disappearing channels.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation