cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHM Recording - 64GB SD Card

KS_
I've been around

Does it have to be a 64GB Class 10 SD Card?  can I use 128GB?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SHM Recording - 64GB SD Card

RogersTony

Hello, @KS_

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your question to the community. We have not tested the video recording feature with a 128 GB card, only 64 GB cards have been tested. We cannot guarantee that a 128 GB card will work and would only recommend using a 64 GB card. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersTony

Hello, @KS_

Thank you for posting your question to the community. We have not tested the video recording feature with a 128 GB card, only 64 GB cards have been tested. We cannot guarantee that a 128 GB card will work and would only recommend using a 64 GB card. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Typically if a device' firmware is only good for a certain memory size, whether it's an SD card or a hard drive, when you use something larger, only the memory available to the firmware will be utilized and the remaining space will be "wasted".  Sometimes the device may not work. The only way to be sure is probably to give it a try.

Hyman
I've been here awhile

My Rogers Home Monitoring micro SD card needs to be replaced. I bought one but it was too big for the port.Which specific type do I buy? Thank you

Hello, @Hyman 

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the community. Depending on the model on the touchpad you would need to use either an SD card or a Micro SD card.

If the full sized SD card is too big then you would need to use the Micro SD card. It will need to be a 64 GB Class 10 card to be able to record on the touchpad.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Hyman
I've been here awhile
Thanks for your advice. We bought multiple class 10 microSD cards, however they were too small for the port. The other port that’s directly above the microSD port looks like a USB port bit it doesn’t match a regular USB drive. Could you suggest a specific name and brand of microSD card we would need?

Thanks

Hi @Hyman,

If the microSD card is too small than maybe, you would need the standard size SD card. Do you know which touchpad you have? You should be able to see the model number on the back. It would either be the TCA 200/TCA203 which comes in black or the TCA 301 which comes in white. The 200 series would take the standard size SD card and the 301 would take the microSD card. Also, there’s no best brand to recommend but SanDisk and Lexar are very popular.

Regards
RogersJermaine 

Hyman
I've been here awhile
Thanks for this. Just for clarification. Where on the TCA 301 touchpad is the microSD card located? I hope I’m not looking at the wrong port?

Hi @Hyman,

The microSD slot is located on the right-hand side of the touchpad, right below the USB port.

RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation