cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Camera intermittent stop recording on SD card

ybrik
I plan to stick around

Hi Folks, I had this issue just started yesterday.

My setup before it was running fine:

1. Touch pad (wifi connection) in the same room (2nd floor) as Netgear router.

2. The outdoor camera is connected via LAN cable to one of the LAN ports of the netgear router and then I disconnected the LAN cable at the back of netgear router last week.

3. The outdoor camera is located at the porch which is below the room where the TP & negear router is located.

Yesterday, I had moved the netgear router in the living room. which farthest part of the home near backyard.

I now have intermittent issues of video not recording on SD card.  

Isn't the outdoor camera always (and have been) communicating wirelessly to the Touchpad?

I don't think the new location of Netgear router has something to do with stopped recording as the router is only for accessing the cameras via broadband internet.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Outdoor Camera intermittent stop recording on SD card

RogersJermaine

Hello @ybrik,

Thank you for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums and welcome!

While the cameras are paired to the Touchpad like all of the other equipment, it is connected directly to the Netgear router for connectivity, and they can be connected either through Wi-Fi or Wired Ethernet cable. When the connection is going through Wi-Fi the further away the two devices are to each other can cause signal interruptions which may cause intermittent viewing of the camera. If it is possible, it is best to have the camera connected by Ethernet cable to the Netgear to help eliminate any wireless interference. 

Hope this information helps.

RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersJermaine

Hello @ybrik,

Thank you for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums and welcome!

While the cameras are paired to the Touchpad like all of the other equipment, it is connected directly to the Netgear router for connectivity, and they can be connected either through Wi-Fi or Wired Ethernet cable. When the connection is going through Wi-Fi the further away the two devices are to each other can cause signal interruptions which may cause intermittent viewing of the camera. If it is possible, it is best to have the camera connected by Ethernet cable to the Netgear to help eliminate any wireless interference. 

Hope this information helps.

RogersJermaine

ybrik
I plan to stick around

Hi Jermaine, wifi connectivity to broadband is only required for accessing cameras from RSHM app.

However, if the camera and TP are within close proximity, I do not think it needs wi-fi in order for the camera to record videos on SD card?  

Please clarify this which of the below is correct as far as connectivity layouts:

1. cameras ------ wifi ----- Touchpad

or

2. cameras -------------Touchpad  (wifi is only connectivity for accessing cameras via internet)

Hi @ybrik,

Thank you for reaching back out to us here regarding your inquiry for the Smart Home Monitoring system. 

The cameras do require an active internet connection to operate and are connected to the Netgear first and then the Touchpad. 

Cheers
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation