cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Device Shows up on Touchpad but Not in App.

icyclejay
I've been here awhile

Hi I hope someone can help because so far Rogers Support cannot.  I plugged in a Sercomm SZ-ESW01 small appliance module.  Followed the installation guide and it shows up in Touchpad.  I can turn on and off a lamp or my coffee maker through the touch pad.  I really want to be able to automate it, however it does not show up on the Smart Home Monitoring App.  (where I can set up all the rules and scenes).   Any ideas.  

If it matters the app is on a Samsung S9 phone.  I have cleared the cache once or twice.  Deleted and re added the device a couple times.  

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Device Shows up on Touchpad but Not in App.

RogersTony

Hello, @icyclejay

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how convenient it would be to have the appliance module automated by your rules.

• When you spoke to the Smart Home Monitoring support team did they mention if they could see the appliance module paired on their end?
  • Have you labeled the appliance module something specific or is it generic? Labeling the device as something specific will make it easier to find when setting up the rules.

The appliance modules tend to get lumped in with the Lighting devices when you are viewing via the app, it may appear as a light bulb or a lamp module. Please check in the lighting section on the app to see if it appears and if you can control it remotely.

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

icyclejay
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the response.  

The support people (via chat) could see the device (I gave it a unique name).  They seemed concerned with the make and model of the lamp I was using (I did not understand how what was plugged into the module would make a difference)...took a long time to come back and tell me that rules could not be programmed through the touchpad.  

The Installation guide specifically mentions in the pairing process to choose add light etc.  It shows up on the touchpad right beside the smart bulb (installed years ago).   On the app it is nowhere to be found.  When trying to set up a rule under the "do this" "select event" "lights" "turn on lights" only the previously installed smart bulb shows up.  

Hello again, @icyclejay

Thanks for the additional details. We'd like to take a closer look at this to see if we can determine why this isn't working for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation