cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing “Add Device” button missing

SClare
I've been here awhile

Hey, I am looking to add a new Sengled lightbulb through the mobile app and  under “Manage Devices” the only option is to edit the already installed devices.  Any suggestion?  I have also tried adding the light through the touchpad with no luck. 

***Added Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Missing “Add Device” button missing

RogersTony

Hello, @SClare

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your inquiry about adding smart bulbs to the Smart Home Monitoring system. You can find the steps on how to add the bulbs by clicking here.

Please let us know if you are still having issues after following the steps.

RogersTony

SClare
I've been here awhile

Hi,   I am aware of the steps, unforutnately- the issue is in step #3 "tap Add Devices, then Lights."  there is no option to "Add Devices", that button does not exist/is missing on the app.  The only thing is see there is "installed devices" which I can edit as I please, just no option to "ADD DEVICE" 

Hello again, @SClare

Thanks for those additional details.

Can you try to add the bulb to the Touchpad? At what point are you running into issues there? Do you get an error message?

RogersTony

SClare
I've been here awhile

On the touchpad, there is the “add device” button, but it can not find the light bulb when it does the search.  It could be the touchpad is too far away from the lightbulb, hence using the app.    So on the app,  I follow the steps, get to the point to “add device” and there is no button to press, it is completely missing from the app.  The ONLY option is to manage the current devices - which works fine.  

Hello, @SClare

You may need to connect the lightbulb to a socket that is closer to the Touchpad in order for it to get paired up and then you can move the bulb to the location that you prefer.

If you have a lamp or something portable that you can use to connect the bulb to get it closer to the Touchpad that would be ideal.

Please let us know if issues are persistent.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation