cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home monitoring camera

bashorund
I'm here a lot

Hello
I just installed the home monitoring system and having issues with camera. When I select it on key pad it's takes too long to show up. It's buffering for like five mins. When I select on my phone I get message calculating route to camera. The technician but an extender but still having problems. Any suggestion pls? The camera not working is a deal breaker

***Edited Labels***

76 REPLIES 76

Re: Home monitoring camera

Hello,

I am considering Rogers Home Monitoring with cameras being the most attractive option. I am planning to go with 3 cameras but when reading only 1 camera can record. I am more interested in recording all as I am not home and can't watch live video 24/7

Can you advise if there is option to record all cameras or any other suggestion?

Thanks

Hello @Home_Protector,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Being able to monitor your home remotely definitely provides a lot of peace of mind. I use my cameras quite often to stay in touch with my home while away.

Currently, the system is only able to record 24/7 from one camera at a time. The camera which is recording 24/7 can be changed at any time from the Touchscreen that comes with the system. The remaining cameras are able to record in short bursts based on a trigger such as motion being detected, a door opening or the alarm going off and much more. Those cameras will record a short 15-second video clip or 5 still pictures based on the triggers/rules that you have setup. The video clips can be sent to you via email should you prefer or they are available on the Smart Home Monitoring App on your iOS or Android device and the Web Control Center via a web browser on a PC/Mac.

The Smart Home Monitoring system is constantly evolving and improving. At the moment we have not been advised if there is anything in the works to enable 24/7 recording from all cameras. I am hoping in the future this will be a possibility as many of our customers have expressed interest in that type of functionality. 

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Thank you for your reply.
What I meant was I want to record on motion but on all camera anytime there is activity. I don't want to record 24/7 on all cameras.
Thanks

Hi @Home_Protector,

Thanks for following up!

As @RogersTony mentioned, currently the functionality only allows for one camera to record at a time when triggered. 

I can see why your request would be useful, however, and I hope to see that option available sometime in the future too!

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @RogersShaun

This needs to be cleared up here. 

@RogersTony said and I quote " Currently, the system is only able to record 24/7 from one camera at a time. The camera which is recording 24/7 can be changed at any time from the Touchscreen that comes with the system. The remaining cameras are able to record in short bursts based on a trigger such as motion being detected, a door opening or the alarm going off and much more. Those cameras will record a short 15-second video clip or 5 still pictures based on the triggers/rules that you have setup."

@Home_Protector was asking " What I meant was I want to record on motion but on all camera anytime there is activity. I don't want to record 24/7 on all cameras.
Thanks"

He wasn't asking about 24/7 recording.. He was asking if you can use multiple cameras to record when triggered my motion which u can. So @RogersTony is right, then yes u can use all camera's to record when you open a door or set it to trigger. You can only you ONE camera to do 24/7 recording.

Hopefully this resolves this! 🙂

Thank you @Meowmix

na65
I've been around

About video recording, how many hours or minutes you can record with 64GB Class10 Micro SD Card?

savagea
I'm here a lot

Rogers Home Monitoring Camera

Have had camera issues from day 1.  Ongoing for 2 years now.  Camera at times will not detect motion and activate rules that are set up.  I have camera set to send a text and take 15 second video clip when motion detected.  Woks sometimes but misses frequently.  I am on third camera.  Camera was changed by tech 2 days ago and have noticed multiple times already where no motion was detected and there was plenty of motion at camera.  I have had numerous techs out.  Net gear router is in garage close to camera and hardwired to camera.  Signal sent through powerline adapter to modem so wifi is a non issue at all.  Have removed rules and put rules back in. Tech said I couldn't record to SD card and have a 15 sec clip taken at same time.  I removed SD card, removed all rules, st sensitivity tohigh and still had occurences when I could walk right past camera and have no motion detected.  What is going on????

Which exact camera is it? (model, etc)

I have mine set up in the front hall, about 10-12 ft from where the netgear router is, connecting wireless, and doesnt seem to have an issue at all doing both.

You said you have it hard wired.. but over a powerline adapter?
Wonder if that is causing interference at all with it communicating?

I believe it’s the Icam2. I have it Ethernet between camera and netgear and power line adapter between netgear and modem. It was previously wireless but tech hooked it up this way blaming week signal which turned out not to be source of problem. It is located outside front door in alcove. I can leave house and it doesn’t see me then come back after 10 mine and it sees me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the Netgear Arlo system at my home. This is not the same as what you have, but perhaps the following may help:

In the instructions for setting up the motion-activated cameras it states that cameras that detect motion should be located so that movement "across" the camera is most easily detected (side to side), while movement towards may work and movement away is "the worst".  Here is the text from the user manual.  Perhaps properly positioning your cameras will get them to work better.   Check your operating/setup/user manual?

• Elevate your camera. Mount your Arlo motion‐detection camera at least 7 feet (2 meters) above the floor and aim it slightly downward for the best sensor performance.

• Ensure that side-to-side traffic crosses Arlo’s field of view. Arlo’s motion sensor is much more sensitive to side‐to‐side movement across its field of view than to movement directly toward or away from the camera. The best area for motion detection is 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 to 6 meters) from the camera position.

•  

For best results, position the camera so that the path of expected motion crosses Arlo’s field of view and does not head directly into or away from the camera. For example, if you want to detect motion near a couch, place the camera to the side of the couch, rather than above it or opposite it.

This is why it may not "see" you when you're leaving.  Also, it usually takes a second or two for the recording to start.  You should be able to test various scenarios. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.

Thats the same one that I have.. 
the powerline there, shouldnt be the issue then, where it is.

That its outside thats the only other thing i can think.
From what i was talking with a tech recently.. they have stopped selling the outdoor ones as they just didnt work well outdoors still.
That the extra light, cold, etc might be effecting it?

Mine is in the front hall inside.

PRDConsulting
I've been here awhile

hi my name is peter. I just switched wi fi routers and my indoor cameras stopped working. can you help?

PRDConsulting
I've been here awhile
Ah I hooked it up to the new router

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @PRDConsulting

You need to plug it into the little Namco Netgear modem they give u.

EDIT. Seen that you got it set up. Good to hear!

mvradford
I've been here awhile
How do I access picture when activity says ‘still’?

Hello @mvradford,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your very first post! 😃

I can appreciate how important it is to be able to access the pictures for your Smart Home Monitoring system.

It sounds like you have one of our motion-activated cameras. In order to have a picture/video clip recorded if there is motion/shows no motion detected you would need to set up an automation rule. You can set up rules via the Mobile App or the Web Control Centre on a computer. You also have the option to record 24/7 from 1 camera to an SD card which can be installed in the Touchscreen.

If you have never set up a rule before or are not familiar with 24/7 recording, let the Community know and we will be happy to assist you!

RogersTony

mvradford
I've been here awhile
We have 4 cameras. One is recording. When another camera indicates ‘motion detected, still’ I assume that means a picture has been taken. Would my rule have to turn off the camera which is recording to grab a still from another camera?

Hello @mvradford,

The rules for the motion camera can be set up to take a picture/video clip when there is Motion and when it becomes Still again after motion has been detected. These would have to be set up as two individual rules one for each state.

The rule does not need to turn off the camera that is recording 24/7 to the local SD card.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

mroreo
I've been around

I had the camera installed about 3 months ago.

Has anyone been able to view live feed from the home security camera online via web browser from a desktop computer or tablet?

I have tried at both home and work with no luck.  Even though my security camera is within 2 feet of my router and hub, I still get the message "The system is unable to establish camera connections.  Please try again in a few minutes.  If the problem persists, ensure the camera is within range of your hub  "

Is it not designed to provide a live feed on a regular web browser?    I have updated java, tried on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, but nothing works.  It only works on my cell phone app. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. viewing from the web browser is a pain.

Chrome and FireFox does not work.

If your able to view via the App, the cameras are connected properly.. and its just the browser (chrome for example says it cant connect... but its not necessarily a connection issue.. its more it trying to load the applet.)

IE does work for me.
IE 11 on a windows 10 machine.
Does not work on Edge though.  By default windows 10 defaults to EDGE (the default E logo is edge, and not IE)  But IE 11 is still on the machine.

Topic Stats