cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

kima
I'm Here A Lot

So i topped up my $25 plan yesterday , and my online account  says im good till april 29 , yet my phone now says out of minutes and cant make calls , so  i dont know what happen , but anyways i tried all the rogers numbers,  most dont deal with paygo and paygo wont put me through to an agent unless i add more money !! like what am i suppose to do????

21 REPLIES 21

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

RogersZia
Moderator
Moderator

Hello and welcome to the Community @kima,

 

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble reaching out to our Prepaid team. You can contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agents (option 1).

 

Hope this helps 🙂!

 

 

 

RogersZia

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Sorry but i have tried this repeatedly and it keep telling me to top up my account to talk to an agent , i shouldn't have to add more money to talk to a human .

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersZia wrote:

Hello and welcome to the Community @kima,

 

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble reaching out to our Prepaid team. You can contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agents (option 1).

 

Hope this helps 🙂!

 

 

 

RogersZia


But ..... can one do that if one has no airtime minutes on account??  

 

 

@kima  ...can you find a landline to call the number @RogersZia  posted .  Then Rogers has a bill to pay and it will be free for you.   Smiley Wink 

 

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima wrote:

Sorry but i have tried this repeatedly and it keep telling me to top up my account to talk to an agent , i shouldn't have to add more money to talk to a human .


Sorry to hear of your issue and your phone not allowing for outgoing calls (except for 911). As suggested above, you'll need to use a phone that has the ability to make outgoing calls, either a friend's cellphone or a landline.  



Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Unless things have changes, You should be able to dial *611 from your pay as you go line to reach custmer service.

*611 calls from a cell phone should always connect and not use up air time where as 1-800 numbers will use airtime but have no long distance (toll) charges hence why their calles toll free. But not airtime free.

Try this FIRST before looking for a land line or pay phone and let us know.


Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

kima
I'm Here A Lot

Hi , all calls were made to rogers from my land line phone . when it gets to the part where it asks for your phone number to verify your account so i punch it in , then it says we are sorry please top up your account to speak to a representative , well i just topped up my account and its not working why would i want to add more money .

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@kima  ... Are you following the instructions @RogersZia  has posted above ? I have called that number many times from a landline  and it always goes to a CSR or they will tell you that PAYGO is not open at this time .  I know the menu is very confusing and ambiguous but if you you use the shortcuts that Zia has outlined you should get through to a CSR easily with no need to supply your number until you speak to someone . Good Luck 

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yep, I just tried it now and got to a Rogers rep no problem. In my case there was an additional step where they asked me if I wanted to do a survey, but I answered "no" and was immediately connected to a rep after answering no after the 4-4-1 options. Here are the instructions outlined in a slightly different manner, but they definitely work.   You need to be patient with the various options.

 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

 

I have found the PAYGo reps to be extremely helpful whenever I called them. 

 

Many people come to this forum and don't wait for the instructions, or follow them completely, because they are in a hurry, but rest assured, if you follow the instructions in the link above and be patient with the various steps, you will reach an agent very quickly, or immediately after the last button press.



Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Pauly wrote:
Unless things have changes, You should be able to dial *611 from your pay as you go line to reach custmer service.

*611 calls from a cell phone should always connect and not use up air time where as 1-800 numbers will use airtime but have no long distance (toll) charges hence why their calles toll free. But not airtime free.

Try this FIRST before looking for a land line or pay phone and let us know.

Yup ....that works. I just tried  the *611  and eventually  it  seems to end up at  the same ambiguous, confusing menu that you get  with the landline number that @RogersZia  posted above  ...at least it seems to take the same secret  code to get  through to a CSR.  Smiley Sad

 

I also just searched here  for "how to contact Rogers pay as you go customer care " in the  search  engine of the community forums  .... I got nothing that was relevant  to the search . Smiley Sad

 

 

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:
1. ...secret  code to get  through to a CSR. 

2. I also just searched here  for "how to contact Rogers pay as you go customer care " in the  search  engine of the community forums  .... I got nothing that was relevant  to the search . Smiley Sad

1. There is no secret code, you just need to wait for the options and type the appropriate number. I do realize that this may take a minute, however, it's no different from the menu system in many corporations.  I also realize that some corporations may make it easier, but some places have even more options and make it harder.  We have made it easy by providing the options in advance in this forum for people to follow...

 

2. If you go to the contact us page, the PAYGo number is there after selecting say Billing, etc

 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus



Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kima wrote:

So i topped up my $25 plan yesterday , and my online account  says im good till april 29 , yet my phone now says out of minutes and cant make calls , so  i dont know what happen , but anyways i tried all the rogers numbers,  most dont deal with paygo and paygo wont put me through to an agent unless i add more money !! like what am i suppose to do????


That does not sound right. Can you access your PayGo account on line to see what you have? My grandfathered Talk Anytime account lets me see what my balance is. If your account does not have that ability, calling PayGo at 1-800-575-9090 on your landline should get an answer, although I don't see why you can't call Rogers with an apparently expired cellphone account, like calling  *611.


Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

1. There is no secret code, you just need to wait for the options and type the appropriate number. I do realize that this may take a minute, however, it's no different from the menu system in many corporations.  I also realize that some corporations may make it easier, but some places have even more options and make it harder.  We have made it easy by providing the options in advance in this forum for people to follow...

 

2. If you go to the contact us page, the PAYGo number is there after selecting say Billing, etc

 

 


   Not a secret ? Then  why is this forum section the only place I have seen that shortcut  published ? If Rogers cared about their customers why isn't it on the contact us page  under Billing  with the  Paygo phone number?

      I agree different corporations use different levels of difficulty  in accessing  their  live staff by phone  ....what I have found is that the more customer oriented a company is the easier the access .   The fact that the VERY LAST  menu choice in the Rogers paygo  menu suggests that if you have an "emergency"  you should press 1 to speak to someone sure  doesn't  put Rogers very  high on my list of customer oriented companies .  

 

  

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:


   Not a secret ? Then  why is this forum section the only place I have seen that shortcut  published ? If Rogers cared about their customers why isn't it on the contact us page  under Billing  with the  Paygo phone number?


You are correct that it's difficult for customers to find the number to call for PayGo support. I sure can't find it by going to the Rogers website PayGo Support page. Googling eventually comes up with the number, but most of the links are to CommunityForums.  I first managed to get hold of a live PayGo agent by calling the general Rogers number and then pressing "0" repeatedly until I got a live operator who would then redirect me or give me the correct number to call. Now when I call the Rogers number (1-888-764-3771) the first option is PayGo support, but when I press "1" it's a dead end  because the automated voice tells me they cannot complete my call and I need to top up my balance. Just like what a previous poster already said.


Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

kima
I'm Here A Lot

I have tried on landlines and cell phones with a plan and still cant talk to anyone from paygo  because to verify they need your phone number which they require topped up to talk to you ,but as you see i did top up but it is not working , yet my online account says next payment due Apr 29  ,but when you make a call it says not enough funds please top up , , and regular rogers agents say they cant help me and transfer me back to the same paygo circle .

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
if that is the case its a huge defect with their IVR. Your best bet is to call the rogers pay as you go hotline and reach the part where you want to become a new customer. usually there is always a way to speak to an agent without even being a customer, otherwise how would new potential customers call in? they need a way to call in to speak to an agent to open up an account for them, right? so call them up thru this method and when you are on the phone with the live agent, you can politely explain there is a huge defect with their ivr and it has not been officially reported to rogers management yet but you posted about it on an online discussion forum where management does not read so you wish for them to A) assist you and B) fix their IVR issue


Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima wrote:

1. they require topped up to talk to you

 

2. but when you make a call it says not enough funds please top up , , 


1. I find it difficult to believe that if you follow the instructions in the following link and reach a PAYGo agent that they will not help you.  I have always found them to be extremely helpful.

 

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

 

2. If you are reaching a menu item where a recording asks you this instead of a person, then you have not followed the instructions in the above link properly.  Please follow the instructions properly by calling the number in the above link and then choosing the appropriate options as outlined in that link. Please wait for the menu options to come up and don't try to input the number before the options come up. 

 

 



Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

kima
I'm Here A Lot

Im sorry you find it difficult to believe , i am not new to cell phones nor an idiot , i have been with Rogers on contract since 1999 ,i use paygo for my kids so i can choose to pay or not depending on kids attitudes , anyways i am going to give the new customer route a go , it seems like the best solution.Thanks for everyone's help.

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima : When following the instructions outlined by me in this thread, at any point, do you key in your cellphone number using the (landline) phone's keypad?



Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

Please wait for the menu options to come up and don't try to input the number before the options come up. 

 

 


As long as you wait till the end of the language choice you can put in the number as soon as the menu voice starts ... if you know you need to talk to someone  ...you never have to listen to any menu choices other than the language one . 

Just .... language choice  .... hear the start of first menu choice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 1 and it will ring through to the CSR.  That is why it seems to me to be so silly to post the shortcut here and no where else  and have such a dubious and aggravating menu protocol to get to a CSR . How many sales have been lost for Rogers  because of that poor menu layout . I know ....not my concern . Smiley LOL  

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

57
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoor wrote:

1. As long as you wait till the end of the language choice you can put in the number as soon as the menu voice starts..

2. Just .... language choice  .... hear the start of first menu choice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 1 and it will ring through to the CSR.  


1. Agreed, but I wanted to be sure that the OP wasn't putting in the 4-4-1 sequence too quickly. I assume that the OP has finally managed to follow the instructions to reach someone since we haven't heard back from him.

 

2. The last time I tried, as mentioned earlier in this thread, I did just that, however, in my case, Rogers had added an additional option regarding a survey, so I had to address that option (1 or 2 for yes/no) first before hitting the "1" to talk to the CSR. The CSR came on the line almost immediately after I hit the "1" - no waiting at all in my case.



Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 3152 views
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 in conversation