pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

So i topped up my $25 plan yesterday , and my online account  says im good till april 29 , yet my phone now says out of minutes and cant make calls , so  i dont know what happen , but anyways i tried all the rogers numbers,  most dont deal with paygo and paygo wont put me through to an agent unless i add more money !! like what am i suppose to do????

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Hello and welcome to the Community @kima,

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble reaching out to our Prepaid team. You can contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agents (option 1).

Hope this helps 🙂!

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

Sorry but i have tried this repeatedly and it keep telling me to top up my account to talk to an agent , i shouldn't have to add more money to talk to a human .

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersZia wrote:

Hello and welcome to the Community @kima,

Sorry to hear that you've had trouble reaching out to our Prepaid team. You can contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090. To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again. At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agents (option 1).

Hope this helps 🙂!

RogersZia

But ..... can one do that if one has no airtime minutes on account??  

@kima  ...can you find a landline to call the number @RogersZia  posted .  Then Rogers has a bill to pay and it will be free for you.   Smiley Wink 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima wrote:

Sorry but i have tried this repeatedly and it keep telling me to top up my account to talk to an agent , i shouldn't have to add more money to talk to a human .

Sorry to hear of your issue and your phone not allowing for outgoing calls (except for 911). As suggested above, you'll need to use a phone that has the ability to make outgoing calls, either a friend's cellphone or a landline.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless things have changes, You should be able to dial *611 from your pay as you go line to reach custmer service.

*611 calls from a cell phone should always connect and not use up air time where as 1-800 numbers will use airtime but have no long distance (toll) charges hence why their calles toll free. But not airtime free.

Try this FIRST before looking for a land line or pay phone and let us know.

I'm Here A Lot

Hi , all calls were made to rogers from my land line phone . when it gets to the part where it asks for your phone number to verify your account so i punch it in , then it says we are sorry please top up your account to speak to a representative , well i just topped up my account and its not working why would i want to add more money .

@kima  ... Are you following the instructions @RogersZia  has posted above ? I have called that number many times from a landline  and it always goes to a CSR or they will tell you that PAYGO is not open at this time .  I know the menu is very confusing and ambiguous but if you you use the shortcuts that Zia has outlined you should get through to a CSR easily with no need to supply your number until you speak to someone . Good Luck 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yep, I just tried it now and got to a Rogers rep no problem. In my case there was an additional step where they asked me if I wanted to do a survey, but I answered "no" and was immediately connected to a rep after answering no after the 4-4-1 options. Here are the instructions outlined in a slightly different manner, but they definitely work.   You need to be patient with the various options.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

I have found the PAYGo reps to be extremely helpful whenever I called them. 

Many people come to this forum and don't wait for the instructions, or follow them completely, because they are in a hurry, but rest assured, if you follow the instructions in the link above and be patient with the various steps, you will reach an agent very quickly, or immediately after the last button press.

@Pauly wrote:
Unless things have changes, You should be able to dial *611 from your pay as you go line to reach custmer service.

*611 calls from a cell phone should always connect and not use up air time where as 1-800 numbers will use airtime but have no long distance (toll) charges hence why their calles toll free. But not airtime free.

Try this FIRST before looking for a land line or pay phone and let us know.

Yup ....that works. I just tried  the *611  and eventually  it  seems to end up at  the same ambiguous, confusing menu that you get  with the landline number that @RogersZia  posted above  ...at least it seems to take the same secret  code to get  through to a CSR.  Smiley Sad

I also just searched here  for "how to contact Rogers pay as you go customer care " in the  search  engine of the community forums  .... I got nothing that was relevant  to the search . Smiley Sad