pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: pay as you go wants more money to talk to an agent!

@barndoor wrote:
1. ...secret  code to get  through to a CSR. 

2. I also just searched here  for "how to contact Rogers pay as you go customer care " in the  search  engine of the community forums  .... I got nothing that was relevant  to the search . Smiley Sad

1. There is no secret code, you just need to wait for the options and type the appropriate number. I do realize that this may take a minute, however, it's no different from the menu system in many corporations.  I also realize that some corporations may make it easier, but some places have even more options and make it harder.  We have made it easy by providing the options in advance in this forum for people to follow...

2. If you go to the contact us page, the PAYGo number is there after selecting say Billing, etc

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

I'm a Senior Advisor

@kima wrote:

So i topped up my $25 plan yesterday , and my online account  says im good till april 29 , yet my phone now says out of minutes and cant make calls , so  i dont know what happen , but anyways i tried all the rogers numbers,  most dont deal with paygo and paygo wont put me through to an agent unless i add more money !! like what am i suppose to do????

That does not sound right. Can you access your PayGo account on line to see what you have? My grandfathered Talk Anytime account lets me see what my balance is. If your account does not have that ability, calling PayGo at 1-800-575-9090 on your landline should get an answer, although I don't see why you can't call Rogers with an apparently expired cellphone account, like calling  *611.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

1. There is no secret code, you just need to wait for the options and type the appropriate number. I do realize that this may take a minute, however, it's no different from the menu system in many corporations.  I also realize that some corporations may make it easier, but some places have even more options and make it harder.  We have made it easy by providing the options in advance in this forum for people to follow...

2. If you go to the contact us page, the PAYGo number is there after selecting say Billing, etc

Not a secret ? Then  why is this forum section the only place I have seen that shortcut  published ? If Rogers cared about their customers why isn't it on the contact us page  under Billing  with the  Paygo phone number?

I agree different corporations use different levels of difficulty  in accessing  their  live staff by phone  ....what I have found is that the more customer oriented a company is the easier the access .   The fact that the VERY LAST  menu choice in the Rogers paygo  menu suggests that if you have an "emergency"  you should press 1 to speak to someone sure  doesn't  put Rogers very  high on my list of customer oriented companies .  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

Not a secret ? Then  why is this forum section the only place I have seen that shortcut  published ? If Rogers cared about their customers why isn't it on the contact us page  under Billing  with the  Paygo phone number?

You are correct that it's difficult for customers to find the number to call for PayGo support. I sure can't find it by going to the Rogers website PayGo Support page. Googling eventually comes up with the number, but most of the links are to CommunityForums.  I first managed to get hold of a live PayGo agent by calling the general Rogers number and then pressing "0" repeatedly until I got a live operator who would then redirect me or give me the correct number to call. Now when I call the Rogers number (1-888-764-3771) the first option is PayGo support, but when I press "1" it's a dead end  because the automated voice tells me they cannot complete my call and I need to top up my balance. Just like what a previous poster already said.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm Here A Lot

I have tried on landlines and cell phones with a plan and still cant talk to anyone from paygo  because to verify they need your phone number which they require topped up to talk to you ,but as you see i did top up but it is not working , yet my online account says next payment due Apr 29  ,but when you make a call it says not enough funds please top up , , and regular rogers agents say they cant help me and transfer me back to the same paygo circle .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if that is the case its a huge defect with their IVR. Your best bet is to call the rogers pay as you go hotline and reach the part where you want to become a new customer. usually there is always a way to speak to an agent without even being a customer, otherwise how would new potential customers call in? they need a way to call in to speak to an agent to open up an account for them, right? so call them up thru this method and when you are on the phone with the live agent, you can politely explain there is a huge defect with their ivr and it has not been officially reported to rogers management yet but you posted about it on an online discussion forum where management does not read so you wish for them to A) assist you and B) fix their IVR issue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima wrote:

1. they require topped up to talk to you

2. but when you make a call it says not enough funds please top up , , 

1. I find it difficult to believe that if you follow the instructions in the following link and reach a PAYGo agent that they will not help you.  I have always found them to be extremely helpful.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

2. If you are reaching a menu item where a recording asks you this instead of a person, then you have not followed the instructions in the above link properly.  Please follow the instructions properly by calling the number in the above link and then choosing the appropriate options as outlined in that link. Please wait for the menu options to come up and don't try to input the number before the options come up. 

I'm Here A Lot

Im sorry you find it difficult to believe , i am not new to cell phones nor an idiot , i have been with Rogers on contract since 1999 ,i use paygo for my kids so i can choose to pay or not depending on kids attitudes , anyways i am going to give the new customer route a go , it seems like the best solution.Thanks for everyone's help.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kima : When following the instructions outlined by me in this thread, at any point, do you key in your cellphone number using the (landline) phone's keypad?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

Please wait for the menu options to come up and don't try to input the number before the options come up. 

As long as you wait till the end of the language choice you can put in the number as soon as the menu voice starts ... if you know you need to talk to someone  ...you never have to listen to any menu choices other than the language one . 

Just .... language choice  .... hear the start of first menu choice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 4 ...hear the voice hit 1 and it will ring through to the CSR.  That is why it seems to me to be so silly to post the shortcut here and no where else  and have such a dubious and aggravating menu protocol to get to a CSR . How many sales have been lost for Rogers  because of that poor menu layout . I know ....not my concern . Smiley LOL