PayGo top up account confusion.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

PayGo top up account confusion.

I purchased a talk and text 20 last month that expired today. Yesterday I topped up with $100 , which is good for 1 year. So today I received a text saying "The payment for your $20/month plan was received." Is that for the last month? How come I didn't get a text saying my $100 top up was successful? Am I going to be charged $20 every month now? I didn't sign up for automatic top ups, I thought when I purchased talk and text 20 is was for a month and that's it. I'm just really confused with this whole thing. Also my balance is $102.64 on myrogers account, but no where does it say I made a $100 purchase yesterday. Anyway hope this isn't too confusing and that someone can clear things up for me.

Thank you.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: PayGo top up account confusion.

I'm confused. Are you paying $100/year or $20/month?

I buy a $100/year voucher each year.When I renew, the balance gets carried over, but if I let it expire, I'm supposed to lose it and have to start over.  A couple of years ago I missed renewing and found I had zero airtime. I went to the Rogers store with my sob story and they let me have my balance back when I renewed for another $100.  However, when I went to the store this year I was told they don't sell vouchers at the store and never did (!) and gave me a number to call. Unless a Rogers rep can help you here, I'd call Rogers and press "0" repeatedly to talk to a live operator to get this sorted out.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Good evening @Roxy87,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I believe you currently are on the Talk and Text 20 plan, which includes : Sans titre.png

If you wish to renew on another plan (like the $100 for a year one), you would have to process a price plan change.

If you simply Top-Up by adding funds to your account, you will remain on the $20.75 plan and you will basically see that amount being deducted from your total account balance on a monthly basis.

For further assistance, please contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

Keep in mind - Depending on your usage and needs, your current price plan might be better and less expensive in the long run.

Let us know if your require further assistance Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks so much for your help!

You are very welcome @Roxy87    Smiley Wink

I am glad we could help you shed some light on this situation.

RogersMaude

I've Been Around

transfered money from TD easybank

2 days ago, I transfered a top up payment to my pay as you go account through TD EasyBank's transfer billing system to "ROGERS PAYGO", and it still hasn't shown up in my account. How long do you usually have to wait, or did something go wrong?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I've never done it using bank transfer, just credit card, but I had a look at my TD Easyweb and when selecting ROGERS PAYGO as a payee I see I have to enter my PayGo account number. It should work, but I don't know if it works on a weekend until Monday.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@bailey_nantais,

When making a payment through telephone or online banking, please allow 3-5 business days for the payment to post.

Hope this helps clarify why your top up may not appear in your account yet.

@RogersGabrielle

I'm a Senior Advisor

3-5 business days to make a call if your balance is gone is unacceptable.   I presume paying by credit card would be instant.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: PayGo top up account confusion

How long do Top Ups last?

I have a $100 PayGo lasting 12-month (ending May 2018).

So far it has worked great for my light usage and will have been worthwhile even if I end up not using $10 or $20 worth by next May. However due to unforeseen circumstances I've been using more than average recently and only have $20 left. So here's my question - 

If I top with $100 how long will that last?

- 12 months from now?

- or only until May 2018 and any I haven't used will be lost?

Would I be better only topping up with $20 and topping up again if necessary?

I've been trying use the Help Chat-line but it seems overbusy and in fact right now says "closed".

Thx - dereklola

Topic Stats
  • 44 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 in conversation