cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayGo top up account confusion.

Roxy87
I've been here awhile

I purchased a talk and text 20 last month that expired today. Yesterday I topped up with $100 , which is good for 1 year. So today I received a text saying "The payment for your $20/month plan was received." Is that for the last month? How come I didn't get a text saying my $100 top up was successful? Am I going to be charged $20 every month now? I didn't sign up for automatic top ups, I thought when I purchased talk and text 20 is was for a month and that's it. I'm just really confused with this whole thing. Also my balance is $102.64 on myrogers account, but no where does it say I made a $100 purchase yesterday. Anyway hope this isn't too confusing and that someone can clear things up for me.

Thank you.

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayGo top up account confusion.

RogersMaude

Good evening @Roxy87,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I believe you currently are on the Talk and Text 20 plan, which includes : Sans titre.png

If you wish to renew on another plan (like the $100 for a year one), you would have to process a price plan change.

If you simply Top-Up by adding funds to your account, you will remain on the $20.75 plan and you will basically see that amount being deducted from your total account balance on a monthly basis.

For further assistance, please contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

Keep in mind - Depending on your usage and needs, your current price plan might be better and less expensive in the long run.

Let us know if your require further assistance Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I'm confused. Are you paying $100/year or $20/month?

I buy a $100/year voucher each year.When I renew, the balance gets carried over, but if I let it expire, I'm supposed to lose it and have to start over.  A couple of years ago I missed renewing and found I had zero airtime. I went to the Rogers store with my sob story and they let me have my balance back when I renewed for another $100.  However, when I went to the store this year I was told they don't sell vouchers at the store and never did (!) and gave me a number to call. Unless a Rogers rep can help you here, I'd call Rogers and press "0" repeatedly to talk to a live operator to get this sorted out.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

RogersMaude

Good evening @Roxy87,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I believe you currently are on the Talk and Text 20 plan, which includes : Sans titre.png

If you wish to renew on another plan (like the $100 for a year one), you would have to process a price plan change.

If you simply Top-Up by adding funds to your account, you will remain on the $20.75 plan and you will basically see that amount being deducted from your total account balance on a monthly basis.

For further assistance, please contact our Prepaid department at 1-800-575-9090.  To reach a representative please choose option 4 then option 4 again.  At the end of the information on how to contact Rogers, you will be given an option to speak with one of our agent (option 1).

Keep in mind - Depending on your usage and needs, your current price plan might be better and less expensive in the long run.

Let us know if your require further assistance Smiley Very Happy

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Roxy87
I've been here awhile
Thanks so much for your help!

You are very welcome @Roxy87    Smiley Wink

I am glad we could help you shed some light on this situation.

RogersMaude

transfered money from TD easybank

2 days ago, I transfered a top up payment to my pay as you go account through TD EasyBank's transfer billing system to "ROGERS PAYGO", and it still hasn't shown up in my account. How long do you usually have to wait, or did something go wrong?

I've never done it using bank transfer, just credit card, but I had a look at my TD Easyweb and when selecting ROGERS PAYGO as a payee I see I have to enter my PayGo account number. It should work, but I don't know if it works on a weekend until Monday.

@bailey_nantais,

When making a payment through telephone or online banking, please allow 3-5 business days for the payment to post.

Hope this helps clarify why your top up may not appear in your account yet.

@RogersGabrielle

3-5 business days to make a call if your balance is gone is unacceptable.   I presume paying by credit card would be instant.

Re: PayGo top up account confusion

dereklola
I plan to stick around

How long do Top Ups last?

I have a $100 PayGo lasting 12-month (ending May 2018).

So far it has worked great for my light usage and will have been worthwhile even if I end up not using $10 or $20 worth by next May. However due to unforeseen circumstances I've been using more than average recently and only have $20 left. So here's my question - 

If I top with $100 how long will that last?

- 12 months from now?

- or only until May 2018 and any I haven't used will be lost?

Would I be better only topping up with $20 and topping up again if necessary?

I've been trying use the Help Chat-line but it seems overbusy and in fact right now says "closed".

Thx - dereklola

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

If you add $100 top up the expiry extends for a year ....   or until use use that  many dollars worth of services .  If you don't need the phone after may 18, then a twenty  dollar  card added will still have the may 18 expiry. If you need to add another $20 ,  same applies.   

There are some addons  that may get you better bang for our buck ...like $5 a month for extra texts  and so on .

michael9
I plan to stick around

Question to the experts, since I have recently switched to Rogers from their competitor, I am on the pre paid plan "Talk, Text" $10. monthly fee, and would like to simply add $100. which states it is good for 365 days, and since the plan does not specify in details how it works, my question is if i add the $100., will Rogers simply deduct every month the monthly fee of $10. from my current balance of the $100.  Second question if anyone is familiar with roaming charges in Europe which usually is approximately $2.50 per minute for incoming or outgoing calls, will they just take this from whatever is in my balance of the original $100. as it appears this would be the better alternative to pay it by this means if there was a need to use it rather than purchase the pre packaged Travel Passes which are expensive. Any thoughts on the two would be great due to the fact I dont particularly want to wait on the phone for 30 minutes plus for a Rogers Rep.  to answer these 2 questions. Cheers Thanks

barndoor

@michael9   ..... Smiley LOL

I would suggest there are no experts here when it comes to  Paygo . Smiley Wink

Your safest bet would be to take the half hour and make the call ... record the name of the CSR you talk to and what they tell you.

I would fully expect that the answer to both your questions is yes.  but I don't do any roaming so I'd still suggest making the call. 

edited to ad ... I just called in to ask about another issue and it took a total of 5 minutes.    Call the 1 800 5759090 and 4 for the first menu ,4 for the second and 1 for the third  should expedite your  travel to a live person .

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@michael9   ..... Smiley LOL

I would suggest there are no experts here when it comes to  Paygo . Smiley Wink

I would have to agree. The "plan" I have is the original one, pay-by-minute, from when that's all there was, no bells and whistles like all the multiple PayGo plans available now. A year ago I saw an offer of a new $100/year plan with free texting or something and went for that at renewal time, but immediately changed my mind when I saw it had zero balance and switched back to my original plan. The beauty of the original plan is that if you don't use your phone much you can renew from your balance if it's over $100 and stretch it out year after year until you have to add another $100 + tax.   I can still top up any amount from $20 to $100, but only the $100 gives me a year, all the others only give me 30 days.

While this $100 plan now seems to be well hidden, what would happen if a new customer came to Rogers and bought a $100 voucher? What would they actually get? Can someone from @CommunityHelps explain?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

If you top up with $100 it will last a year. Anything less is just 30 days. If you're going to use $20 worth in 30 days, go ahead but it's annoying to have to do it each month. I seldom use even $5 in a month, so I top up $100 each year and when the balance is well over $100 I top up from the balance to get another year "for free".  You have to phone in to do that because there is no mechanism on line to do it.

If you miss topping up before the period expires your balance will go to zero and you'll have no service.  However, you should get your balance back when you top up so long as you don't leave it too long. I think there's a grace period of 2 weeks, but I can't remember for sure.

michael9
I plan to stick around

Actually you can top up online in your account for the 365 days, which is why I asked about the benefits.

Secondly you may still have the option of pay anytime if your account is still on this old plan, but it does not exist anymore as they have replaced it with the minimum plan which I am on that is Talk Text for a monthly fee of $10. per month so the roll over you mentioned does not exist anymore for new customers

barndoor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

If you top up with $100 it will last a year.                                                                                                                                  

For a new customer, it will  NOT  "LAST"  a year ....it will  "EXPIRE"  in a year...big difference. The new minimum plan cost  is $10 per month ....so unless there is some new math going on somewhere  ten months is the most a $100 top up  will last .

@OLDYELLR  ... you have a  grandfathered plan  which is a very good deal and that is great for you  but it  is  no longer available . Is it really appropriate to be continually referring to it  as though new customers could get it ?

michael9
I plan to stick around

You are correct that the funds will run out by the tenth month but the account stays active up to 365 days in this regards, if you did not want to add funds for the last 60 days for whatever reason, vacation etc being out of the county , no need for it etc

Littleboyblue
I've been here awhile

This top process is very confusing to me.

Today Rogers allowed me to top up from my existing Pay As You Go balance for next year. However they have taken off $100 for the top up. Does this mean that the $100 will be credited to my account when the renewal date comes along? Or does this  mean they will deduct amounts from the new balance every time I make a call after the renewal date?

Put another way: If my balance is $250 and I purchase another $100 worth for the next year (ignoring for the moment the $150 limit in December 2018), my new balance becomes $350 and calls etc. are deducted from this amount.

With the top up plan I would assume that my balance remains at $250 i.e. I have just "paid" Rogers for the  next year. If not then is Rogers double dipping as they are "charging" me $100 (for the top up) for the renewal and also, it appears, for any new calls?   So, my  question again is - what is the $100 top up used for?

Can anyone please help clarify this confusing point

barndoor

@Littleboyblue wrote:

Today Rogers allowed me to top up from my existing Pay As You Go balance for next year. However they have taken off $100 for the top up. Does this mean that the $100 will be credited to my account when the renewal date comes along? Or does this  mean they will deduct amounts from the new balance every time I make a call after the renewal date?

If you had them take $100 of your balance to extend the plan for another year your balance of $250 will drop to a new balance of  $150 and  that new balance  is what you will draw from to pay for airtime or add ons . 

The $100  withdrawal  from your balance basically just pays to access the plan for another year .  Some see it as a rip off but  most see it as an overall reduction in the cost of using their phone  .... it all depends on how much airtime you actually use as to the benefit  . 

Littleboyblue
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the quick response and comments.

That is what I am confused and worried about. Instead of using the top up process, if I had paid my annual subscription directly, my balance would have risen from $250 to $350 (My balance is actually quite higher than that).  This is what has happened over the years. There was a monthly deduction for the 911 service, but that was that. I was only charged for any calls I made, hence the high balance.

What you are saying is that I am now paying an annual subscription fee and still have to pay for any calls. This is  totally different from my previous payments. Is this a new program? Certainly I was never notified that my annual payment did not count towards the cost of calls - that is why I signed up for the Pay As You Go plan.

Am I missing something? It seems to me there is a new process and change in my "original contract" when I signed up for the PAYG program. I am even more confused now.    

Topic Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 15 in conversation