How to Prevent Incoming SMS Charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Medea
I'm Here A Lot

How to Prevent Incoming SMS Charges

How can I stop $0.60 SMS charges being repeatedly charged to unused phone permanently? I have been a Pay-As-You Go customer for many years, and overall very satisfied with the service; the respect and responses I receive from representatives; and of course my package price. My frustrating peeve is the constant SMS charges I am steadily receiving. I have been told in the past (in this forum, by the way) to contact PayGo and the charges would be reversed-- to which they have been, ergo the above comment about the respect received. But my phone has only been a 'call home' phone -- no one, and I mean NO ONE has the phone number!! And with this pandemic, I don't recall using my phone at all during the past year. However, I am still receiving these SMS and though I have been reimbursed (just 8 days ago for the most recent rash of charges) I have just noticed yet another $0.60 charge from 3 days ago. I don't want to constantly monitor future SMS charges on my online account and then have to contact a representative to reverse them.  How can these SMS calls be permanently stopped?

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: How to Prevent Incoming SMS Charges

Spam texts from random numbers can't be blocked or stopped. Texts from Rogers are free. I think texts sent to your phone expire and aren't delivered if your phone is off for a long time, but I don't know how long. All you can do is forward spam texts to 7726 (SPAM), hoping Rogers can block the number and save your Call/Transaction History each month. When it's time to renew, add up spams and ask for credid, which Rogers will give you.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

All Replies
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Spam texts from random numbers can't be blocked or stopped. Texts from Rogers are free. I think texts sent to your phone expire and aren't delivered if your phone is off for a long time, but I don't know how long. All you can do is forward spam texts to 7726 (SPAM), hoping Rogers can block the number and save your Call/Transaction History each month. When it's time to renew, add up spams and ask for credid, which Rogers will give you.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

Medea
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you, OLDYELLR, for your advice. I suppose having such a wonderful package price comes at a price lol. It wouldn't be so frustrating if the SMS charges were still $0.20 as they were a few years ago. Still, with the support and reactions I've received from the Rogers staff, if monitoring my account is what I must do, then so be it.