cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as You Go for Texting Only?

SteveFunk
I've been around

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving to a very remote community.  My neighbour has been a great help, but he's not interested in technology (i.e. phones).  Ideally, I was hoping to be able to buy him a minimalist pay-as-you-go phone, and get him a cheap plan that would only allow for texting (so that I could communicate with him when I'm back in Vancouver).  Is this possible, or is there an alternative that others might be able to suggest.  Thanks!

Steve

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Pay as You Go for Texting Only?

RogersYasmine

Hello, @SteveFunk!

A warm welcome to our community forums, we hope you like it here! Congrats on your first post. 🙂

Thanks for explaining your situation and we can definitely provide you with some options. Regrettably, we do not have any plan options that only provide text messaging. Cost-wise, your best bet would be to bring your own device and get a talk & text plan which starts as low as $15/month + taxes. You can view all of the Pay As You Go plans here

I know you mentioned that your neighbor is not thrilled about technology, however, another alternative would be to connect a device to WiFi (if available) and download a free messaging app (like WhatsApp) to stay in contact with one another.

I hope this is helpful! If anyone else in the community has any other suggestions, we'd love to hear them!

Cheers,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation