cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did my PayGo balance get so low?

Molianne
I've been here awhile

Hi! I'm hoping to find some answer here. I've tried calling and speeaking with an agent (successfully) but they couldn't completely help me, do you know if there's any way or a specific phone number to get to a higher up agent?

My problem is pretty simple, I used 100$ of my balance to get another year of service last year and when I went to recharge my account this year, I found out that the balance is waaaaay below what it should be (12 cents left... There's no way this is right). Thing is, the agent could only see the last three months of activity and was unable to verify what happened when.

Anybody knows of a phone number or email address I could contact to help me out?

Thanks!

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How did my PayGo balance get so low?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Molianne : The only way to contact a PAYGo representative is to follow the instructions in the following link.  I have always found them most helpful and the waiting time is usually quite short.  You must follow the directions exactly to contact an agent.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

I have used the "pay $100 to suspend payments for a year" quite often and the balance always showed correctly when I checked monthly.  (Did you check your balance monthly?) I'm not sure if that's what you meant or used a different $100 method.  With the suspension, my auto-withdrawals started automatically after the year, but perhaps you're not on auto-withdrawal either...  Or perhaps, if you weren't on auto-withdrawal, your balance somehow got removed if you didn't pay your monthly amount on time. They should be able to straighten things out if you haven't let it go too long.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@MolianneYou mean you used $100 from your balance to renew last year and never used your phone or checked your balance until now?   You can check your balance and call history for the last month at Home | MyRogers | Bills & Payments | Bill Summary.  I do it regularly.  You know there is $0.75 deducted every month for 911 service, plus you may have had a bunch of spam texts you were charged $0.60 each for that you didn't see. I forward all my spam texts to SPAM (it's free) and I save my call history every month. When it comes time to renew, I ask for credit for all the spam texts and Rogers obliges.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Molianne wrote:  My problem is pretty simple, I used 100$ of my balance to get another year of service last year...

As mentioned by @OLDYELLR your balance still goes down for each call, or text, or Voicemail, or 911 charge.  What you're "buying" with the $100 is your payments are suspended and you're getting to use money in your balance to do that, but you are NOT getting a year's "free/unlimited" service for your $100.  I hope you didn't misinterpret what you were getting for your $100.  We're assuming you're on the grandfathered "Anytime" plan.  I don't believe the $100 suspension option is available for the newer/recent Talk/Text plans...

Again, did you not check your balance or transaction history for over a year?  It's your responsibility to check your transaction history, at least monthly, to ensure nothing untoward is happening in your account.  Like @OLDYELLR , I check my transaction history once a month and if there are charges there, like spam, I note them and get credits when I call the PAYGo number about once a year...  I usually do a screenshot of my transaction history every 3-4 months because that's roughly how far back my transaction list goes until the last time I did a screenshot.  If there is something major in the transaction history that shouldn't be, I call right away.

Molianne
I've been here awhile
Thanks for your reply! That was what I did to speak to someone and yes, I meant the 100$ to suspend payments (sorry, French is my mother tongue). I didn't check my balance monthly though because I've never had a problem doing that (since 2007-ish) so I really didn't feel it would have come handy...

Also I have no monthly fee for my usage except for 911 and another thing which I'm forgetting (gets to about 2.45$/month) + my occasional individual calls and SMS messages.

Another thing is that I see (on my online account) a whole lot of text messages I'd have received (phone battery is often dead) but they all show at 0$ and without an originating phone number so it couldn't really be that that caused the over eaten balance... There's a weird feeling to all this, haha!

Molianne
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply. No misinterpretation -- I've been on this PayGo plan since 2007-ish doing the exact same thing (getting the balance up, than "using it" to keep going another year without actually adding 100$) and it always went without any trouble so nope, I really didn't think to check the balance at all mainly because I rarely ever use my cell phone (it's more often than not dead in my purse... Meh).

I guess I'll start doing that now.

coughlan1960
I've been here awhile

Hi, I pay $10 a month for my phone, I don't use it very much, I pay the $10 dollar payment and move on. Lately I have been noticing some things that don't look right to me.

First thing is that my money on it is getting lower and I don't use it, so where is it going? I had $80.75 last month and now it says I am at $68.75. Once again, I didn't use it, so where did it go? 

Second thing is that when I call *225 to check for the date to top up, it keeps changing. On July 31st, I topped up with $10 as I usually do and it said that the expiry date was on August 31st and the balance was $80.75. Today I call *225 and it now says my balance is $68.75 and that it expires on September 30th. 

So, why does the date keep changing and where is the money going? 

Thank you.

@coughlan1960 : 1. Sign into MyRogers and have a look at your Call/Transaction History.  It's possible that there may have been some calls or SMS (texts) to your number.

2. If your transactions don't provide the information you need, you'll need to call the PAYGo people using the instructions in the link below. Follow the instructions carefully.  This is the only way to get any PAYGo assistance because there is no one else handling PAYGo.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891#M22822

I've always found the PAYGo (Pay As You Go) people to be very helpful and the wait is not usually very long.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation