cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$12 Talk and Text plan ????

Bill2341
I've been here awhile

I have just been charged $12 for my $10 talk and Text plan. I can't find any information on $12 plans! Is this simply an increase to my $10 plan with no servie changes? 

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: $12 Talk and Text plan ????

RogersMaude

Good evening @Bill2341,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! Knowing what your charged for regarding your wireless service is primordial. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Starting October 14, 2020, Rogers prepaid customers on the $10 monthly plan saw their prepaid monthly service fee increase by $2 per month (up from $10 to $12). Communications about this increase have been sent to customers starting August 25, 2020. They went as follow:

“On your next top-up date after Oct 12, your prepaid monthly service fee will increase from $10 to $12 per month. The rest of your service will remain the same.”

Depending on your plan setup and add-ons, the SMS might contain more information. We’re continually investing to deliver dependable service for our customers. Your plan remains one of our most competitive prepaid plans and continues to offer great value.

If you have any other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersMaude

Good evening @Bill2341,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! Knowing what your charged for regarding your wireless service is primordial. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have.

Starting October 14, 2020, Rogers prepaid customers on the $10 monthly plan saw their prepaid monthly service fee increase by $2 per month (up from $10 to $12). Communications about this increase have been sent to customers starting August 25, 2020. They went as follow:

“On your next top-up date after Oct 12, your prepaid monthly service fee will increase from $10 to $12 per month. The rest of your service will remain the same.”

Depending on your plan setup and add-ons, the SMS might contain more information. We’re continually investing to deliver dependable service for our customers. Your plan remains one of our most competitive prepaid plans and continues to offer great value.

If you have any other inquiries, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Bill2341
I've been here awhile

RogersMaude,

Thank you for your reply. I guess I must have gotten the SMS message but deleted it by accident. Your reply will avoid having me have to contact customer service by phone.

There are a couple of things that should be addressed to make things clearer for the customer: 

- Under the Manage my Plan section, it says that I have a $12 Talk and Text plan. Fine. But under the Transaction History, as of Nov 1, it says that I'm being charged $12 for a "$10 Talk and Text plan". The description should be changed to reflect the new plan.

- The plan I've got (whether $10 or $12) no longer seems to be offered, so I imagine it's grandfathered.  But I've been all over the site, and my account, and I can't find a description of the service I've got. It would seem that I'll have to remember that I'm paying $12 for 50 minutes/50 texts, because nowhere does it say so.

Thanks again.

I use my service for alarm monitoring in the winter ONLY. I had no idea you had jacked the rate up by 20%.
What extra benefit am I paying for? Since I never use the voice function, is there a plan for SMS only?

So is the $12(+tax) still 50 min and 50 texts anytime during the month?

Hi @Gimbo,

Welcome to the Community!

It's always best to verify the plan details. Yes the $12 Talk & Text plan comes with 50 local anytime minutes. The plan also includes 50 International text messages and 50 International picture and video messages.

Hope this helps :)!

RogersZia

dta721
I've been here awhile

How is this different from the $10 monthly PAYGO plan? And to "top up" to $12, I need to add $2?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dta721 :  This thread is from over a year ago and was a discussion for a specific person.  There is no $12 Talk & Text Plan.  See link below:

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ba...

The least expensive plan now is $15/mo.  If you're on a Grandfathered plan, you might be paying less, like $10/mo or $12/mo, however, if you wish to change, $15/mo is the least expensive plan.  You cannot "top up" to a different plan, you would have to switch.  You can discuss options with the PAYGo CSRs as discussed in the following link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Can-t-purchase-data-pass/m-p/426891/highlight/t...

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 in conversation