cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM- Is there a difference between one that says "5G eSIM" and one that just says eSIM?

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

As per the subject,  does my 5G iPhone 13Pro need an eSIM that is labelled 5G?   If it doesn't say 5G on the eSIM will it still connect to the 5G network?

I could not seem to specify the wireless section for my post.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: eSIM- Is there a difference between one that says "5G eSIM" and one that just says eSIM?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes its compatible, nothing to worry about, enjoy your new eSim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: eSIM- Is there a difference between one that says "5G eSIM" and one that just says eSIM?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Windwalker.

Thank you for being our Community member; I appreciate your query. 

eSIMs are 5G ready; it seems you already ordered an eSIM. You can follow the instructions listed in this support article to set it up. And you need a compatible plan to get 5G; all our Infinite plans have access to the 5G network.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

Hi, @RogersMoin 

Sorry, I should have included a photo in my original post.

I have a 5G phone and plan.

So, if I understand you correctly both Sims will work on 5G?

Thanks

Rogers eSIMs crpd SML.jpg

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yes its compatible, nothing to worry about, enjoy your new eSim

Hmm
I'm a reliable contributor

Ha. Dummies like me (when eSIM first was available) have grown to dislike eSIM. Partly because there are nuances with it and spme carriers such as Rogers charge a fee to migrate to an eSIM. There are also limitations on changing your eSIM. 

I like to swap out my SIM to different phones depending on where I am and what I'm doing. What I was told and this happened with Shaw is that I can only do this once a month, maximum. Otherwise, it's a very frustrating process of denial and having to escalate the issue to the proper Tier (2) to resolve it. 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation