cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network in India while roaming

mnash
I've been here awhile

I am not getting any network/signal on my rogers sim card while I am roaming in India(Jharkhand).

Even tried network resetting, phone reboot, using another handset. None worked.

Customer chat support says all is fine from their side and they can't do anything.

How is this acceptable????

If no one fixes this, once I am back in Canada, I would be forced(by rogers itself) to stop all my rogers services!!!

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Network in India while roaming

RogersMoin

Hello, @mnash.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; undoubtedly having a reliable network connection while travelling abroad is quite important.

I appreciate you resetting network settings and trying other troubleshooting so far. Have you checked the carrier to which the phone is defaulting to? If it’s roaming on Airtel, then please manually switch to another operator within the device’s network settings.

Please provide us with your device details if you need assistance in manually switching to a different operator.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

RogersMoin

Hello, @mnash.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; undoubtedly having a reliable network connection while travelling abroad is quite important.

I appreciate you resetting network settings and trying other troubleshooting so far. Have you checked the carrier to which the phone is defaulting to? If it’s roaming on Airtel, then please manually switch to another operator within the device’s network settings.

Please provide us with your device details if you need assistance in manually switching to a different operator.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Useless Rogers support and service. I have the same problem….tech support and roaming support left me high and dry. Worked for a day and since then not able to connect to any of the available networks. My wife’s Telus is working and getting good data speed….switching as soon as I am back in Canada.

Sanjeevkumar
I've been here awhile
i have same issue, what should i di?

Good evening @Sanjeevkumar,

Welcome to the Community!

You've come to the right place! We'd be happy to help you with the network issues. Can you please confirm what happens when you turn on your phone? Does it connect to a network and then not work or does it get stuck on searching for a network? If it is connecting to a specific network, please review RogersMoin's post here

Additionally it would help if you can reset the network settings and reboot your device. 

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

mnash
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately nothing. Rogers has no solution to it.. I was in India for 8 months with NO Network

AB139
I've been around
I have the same problem since I arrived in India a week ago. It shows “No Network” and I tried connecting manually to all the available networks but it’s not connecting. I’ve tried resetting the settings and everything else. I need to be able to use my Rogers number during my stay here. Please advise.

Greetings @AB139!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommuniutyHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

mnash
I've been here awhile
Unfortunately looks like nothing can be done. I had troubleshooted with them over a week and nothing was fixed. They even mentioned that all is working fine from their side and they can do nothing. Very bad experience.

I am not able to use rogers's ROAM LIKE HOME service in India. I restatred my device, even I reset network setting and tried to join manual network carriers although I am not getting network.  it's very important to use my rogers number in India. I am paying $15/day and I know that it's useless but I don't have any options.  

Please do some needful.

Thanks & Regards 

Greetings @prakashtank77,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how inconvenient it is to be not able to use the Roam Like Home service. We'd be more than happy to help you and investigate this further.

Just to confirm, are you roaming on the Airtel network? If yes, I would recommend you to manually switch to another carrier within your phone's network settings.

Hope this helps!

RogersRahul

SnehaAttili
I've been here awhile
I am in India currently and have the same issue. This is silly Rogers. Your tagline is Roam like Home and we are not able roam because our cellular network don’t work. It just doesn’t work

Hello and welcome to the Community @SnehaAttili,

I hope you're enjoying your time in India. Can you please confirm what foreign carrier are you connected to? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? Have you had a chance to manually select a carrier?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

SnehaAttili
I've been here awhile
Hello, prior to stumbling upon this community, I thought it was Apple issue and contacted Apple support. They walked me through the steps to reset network settings which I did.
Nothing helped.

I have no cellular network connectivity. I have not been able to connect to any cellular provider manually.

I am currently using my phone on wifi mode only.
Nothing else seems to work.

Nothing could be done, Rogers I guess have no partnership in India, absolutely terrible support

Rather than Roaming on Rogers network, get yourself a local SIM for your phone. This is usually a lot less expensive and also less likely to have issues.

SnehaAttili
I've been here awhile
You are correct, and that what I am doing.

I am assuming this is a post pandemic issue.
I have been with Rogers for at least 10 years now, and last I visited India was 2019 and never experienced this situation.

Thanks.

Depends on which city you visit, I have been with Rogers for 6 years now and have visited India more than once every year on an average. Works in Metros but does not work in many other coties that I have travelled.

Nishant0201
I've been around
I have the same issue. Manually switched to other carriers but no network. Roam Like Home is more Do Not Roam at all. Asking for refund for $15 per day and switching to TELUS once back in canada

Abwesh
I've been around
I was able to use data roaming fine in Delhi but it won’t work in Assam.
I’ve tried rebooting, resetting the network, all of it and nothing works.
The manual selection of carrier has 6 options but Airtel is the only one with any network, so I can text and call. The others don’t even have network.
Topic Stats