No 5G on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in Toronto?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelYYZ
I Plan to Stick Around

No 5G on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in Toronto?

I just set up my new iPhone 12 Pro Max on Rogers and I am surprised not to see the 5G indicator on the screen. Still, only the old LTE is there. I switched Voice & Data under Settings -> Cellular to 5G On, but to no avail. Is 5G coverage in Toronto spotty?

I can see that the six Rogers towers closer to my location use frequency bands in the 700, 850, 1900, 2100 and 2600 MHz. I thought Rogers uses 600 MHz for 5G, but I don’t see 600 MHz transmitters in Toronto. Strange!

Do you guys get the 5G indicator on your 12-series iPhones? If yes, is it on consistently, or just occasionally?

***Edited Labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: No 5G on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in Toronto?

Hello @MichealYYZ

I haven't tested it with Rogers yet. However I am with another company and I see 5G all the time other when I go into work ( store inside a condominium where I lose service).

I'll test it out and see!
seadooxp30
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you resolve this? I'm waiting for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and wondering if I'm going to have same issue..

Are you in TO?

MichaelYYZ
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe I found out. Apparently, Rogers has not enabled 5G on non-Infinite plans. 
Yes, I am in Toronto. 

Mikec69
I've Been Around

New iPhone 12 pro max unable to connect to “5G” ??
RogersZia

Hi @Mikec69,

Welcome to the Community!

Is this specific to one location? Have you tried to reset your network settings? Ideally, if you already have an eligible device and a 5G SIM Card you should be good to go. Just as an FYI you might not be able to connect to a 5G network because:

• Your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger.
  • You’re in an Extended Coverage area.
  • You’re roaming outside of Canada.

You can also check out our coverage map here

RogersZia