cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in Toronto?

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I just set up my new iPhone 12 Pro Max on Rogers and I am surprised not to see the 5G indicator on the screen. Still, only the old LTE is there. I switched Voice & Data under Settings -> Cellular to 5G On, but to no avail. Is 5G coverage in Toronto spotty?

I can see that the six Rogers towers closer to my location use frequency bands in the 700, 850, 1900, 2100 and 2600 MHz. I thought Rogers uses 600 MHz for 5G, but I don’t see 600 MHz transmitters in Toronto. Strange!

Do you guys get the 5G indicator on your 12-series iPhones? If yes, is it on consistently, or just occasionally?

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: No 5G on Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in Toronto?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MichealYYZ

I haven't tested it with Rogers yet. However I am with another company and I see 5G all the time other when I go into work ( store inside a condominium where I lose service).

I'll test it out and see!

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Did you resolve this? I'm waiting for my iPhone 12 Pro Max and wondering if I'm going to have same issue..

Are you in TO?

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

I believe I found out. Apparently, Rogers has not enabled 5G on non-Infinite plans. 
Yes, I am in Toronto. 

Mikec69
I've been around
New iPhone 12 pro max unable to connect to “5G” ??

Hi @Mikec69,

Welcome to the Community!

Is this specific to one location? Have you tried to reset your network settings? Ideally, if you already have an eligible device and a 5G SIM Card you should be good to go. Just as an FYI you might not be able to connect to a 5G network because:

• Your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger.
  • You’re in an Extended Coverage area.
  • You’re roaming outside of Canada.

You can also check out our coverage map here

RogersZia

bhaveshp29
I've been around

I am facing same issue with my iphone 12 pro max. No 5g logo appear. I have 5G infinite plan.

Do you have a 5G SIM card?

Greetings @bhaveshp29!

Thanks for contributing to this conversation and Congrats on your first post to the Community! 🙌 I too am a fellow iPhone user and I'm saddened to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with the 5G network. In order to assist you, I do have a few questions for you to get started:

Have you had the chance to check out @RogersZia's post with regards to this issue?

As @phantomfire78 inquired, do you have a 5G SIM card?

When did this issue start occurring?

Regards,

RogersJo

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation