cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 5G Network

keg4321
I've been here awhile

I have an iPhone 14 pro and have gone around multiple areas in winnipeg and have never seen a 5G connection. According to the map the whole city is suppose to be 5G.

Thoughts

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: No 5G Network

RogersRahul

Greetings @keg4321,

I am so sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Rogers 5G network. We'd be more than happy to help you.

When was the last time the 5G network worked for you? Have you power-cycled your device? Can you check your Cellular data Selection settings and ensure it's set to 5G or 5G Auto?

Just as an FYI you might not be able to connect to a 5G network because:

- Your device is connecting to an HSPA+ or 4G LTE network, as that network’s signal is stronger.
- You’re in an Extended Coverage area.
- You’re roaming outside of Canada.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

pegger
I've been around
I'm in the north west corner of the city. I sometimes get 5G and sometimes LTE. The speedtests I've done on 5G are pretty bad. I get better results on LTE.
Speed doesn't even come close to what my plan speed is. Good thing I didn't pay extra for a higher speed plan. I kind of expected results to fall way short.

keg4321
I've been here awhile
  • I have power cycled my device using the forced cycle method
  • My cellular is set to 5G Auto
  • I have traveled multiple places in the city and I am always connected LTE
  • I had recently called support and they told me my SIM card was too old to work with 5G so based on their direction I went to a rogers authorized dealer and paid $10 +tax for a new SIM card and still not 5G anywhere.  I did powercycle again after SIM card swap.
  • I am currently traveling and have driven through Regina, Saskatoon and Edmonton.  still no 5G anywhere along route.

At my current location in Edmonton I am in a 5G network area right between two 5G+ zones.

Hello, @keg4321.

I appreciate your detailed response and all the troubleshooting done so far. 

A couple of questions for you; I hope you don't mind:

• Your previous device, was it connecting to a 5G network?
  • What wireless plan do you have?

The plan has to be 5G compatible for the device to connect to a 5G network. All our Infinite plans include access to a 5G network. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation