cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROGERS EPP Porting Issue

Av15
I've been here awhile
Hello, I moved to ON earlier this year June and started working for a company that offer EPP discount with ROGERS. Upon completion of application for 3 lines with 3 new device financing with temporary numbers, Rogers won’t port my Saskatchewan numbers under EPP discount saying they can only offer EPP to Ontario numbers. Now I’ve had these numbers forever and changing them is not any option. According to Rogers that is their system not allowing them or otherwise I lose the discount under EPP and get normal ultra expensive plans. I’m surprised that I’ve provided Ontario residence and ID proofs and got ON plans (paying ON plan bill, usually SK plans are cheaper I think) but number won’t get ported (as of now hoping and waiting to hear back from Rogers for solution) Anyone else had same issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Re: ROGERS EPP Porting Issue

RogersMoin

Hello, @Av15.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your port-in concerns. While it’s possible to transfer your number outside your original local calling area, this number based on your current address may not be eligible for the Rogers Preferred Program. 

We have discussed a similar situation in another thread; please see the responses from @Pauly

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Av15
I've been here awhile
Nothing mentioned that would help me. Worst company and worst customer service as expected from a lame company. Absolutely no will to help, none of the agents have a clue and will not help. Been transferred 4 times saying that they will have someone in porting help me and gets transferred to main line again. Is Rogers really that willing to lose all their business? All I need is a resolution for porting numbers. If ROGERS can’t do that then shame on them for calling themselves a Canadian wireless provider. Should be Canadian no service provider company

Av15
I've been here awhile
As per a manager at Rogers, after wasting whole was transferred to manager finally, they cannot do anything for EPP plans that are not Ontario numbers. He is happy to let me go to Bell or Telus. Don’t bother wasting time here

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why on earth would you want to bring a Saskatchetoon number to Ontario? makes no sense?   You live in Ontario, Have an Ontario Plan, so you NEED an Ontario number to make it eligible, so get an Ontario number, not sure how difficult that is.

If you really want your Saskatchetoon number badly, port it to a virtual forwarding service I think Comwave and Vonage do this, and you can forward it to your Ontario number

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation