cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of a Cell Tower

1BLACKROCK
I've been here awhile

My son and I have a 10 acre property in Glen Roy, Ontario. Glen Roy is located about 25 miles north and east of Cornwall, Ontario. We would like to speak to someone at Rogers about the possibility  of getting a cell tower erected on the property. Please provide a name and contact information. Thank you.

Mike J
Windsor, Ontario

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation of a Cell Tower

Hi @1BLACKROCK,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post and interest in getting a cell tower on your property.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can forward off your request. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1BLACKROCK fwiw, have a look at the following cell tower map for your area:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=45.274904&lng=-74.960403&zoom=10&type=Road...

Here's another link to yet another cell tower map.  In this case, enter the following Latitude and Longitude:

Latitude:  45.233514

Longitude:  -74.646271

https://www.scadacore.com/tools/rf-path/cell-tower-map-canada/#

You can navigate around the map to find your exact location and move the map marker to your exact location. 

For both maps, you can select the local tower icons to display the data for that tower.  

The moderators would have to put you in touch with the group that is responsible for the cell network construction.  Its possible that there are enough cell towers nearby to provide service to your area.  

1BLACKROCK
I've been here awhile

It looks like our property may be in an area where there is a gap in servic. Can you please forward me contact information? Thank you.

Hi @1BLACKROCK,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post and interest in getting a cell tower on your property.

Please feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can forward off your request. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards
RogersJermaine

Hi Jermaine, having some trouble with the private messager. How can I get the information to you so we can start the process for getting a cell tower on the Property? Thank you.

1BLACKROCK

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@1BLACKROCK : Instruction links for PMing were provided in the post above yours, however, I will provide different wording below:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps   .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

I too would like the contact infor for a rogers tower.    Am Pres of condo board looking for roof top cell tower or attennia.  

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello, Remember that the wireless network planning team has the final say in where the towers should be located.

A big large corporation such as Rogers Communications does not just randomly place cell towers where ever they feel or who ever has a building and wants it on the top.  Rogers does extensive research and planning and puts towers in specific locations based on their frequency, height, coverage, and other obstacles.  Also if there is an antenna tower already on a near by building then it may not be worth it to put one on a building next door for obvious reasons, so yes you can send a message to the network planning team but they will only consider it if they NEED one and your building meets their requirements like height, distance, etc.  then they may consider you.   for now just put your name out there to them and let them do the work and contact you back if they want to go ahead.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation