cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data speed issue within 5G coverage area!

mohdgazi
I'm here a lot

I recently switched from Fido to Rogers due to a promotional offer and I got Rogers Infinite plan. Unfortunately, my data speeds both download/upload is horrible (130mbps/10mbps avg.) and much inferior than Fido, although it should be just opposite. I contacted technical support and they escalated it to back office promising that I will get a resolution within 72 hours. Alas! It is more than a week but no resolution. Could anyone tell me what is the next step?

***Edited Labels***

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Data speed issue within 5G coverage area!

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
How are your data speeds horrible? What can't you do, on a phone, with 130 Mbps of download speeds?
Is it outside or outside? Downtown or countryside? 5G or LTE? A lot of factors can influence data speeds and network strength!

It should be 5G speed within 5G coverage area which shows in their map and that speed I mentioned is pretty consistent everywhere. My issue is not with browsing but with the service that I subscribed and paying for but not getting it.

TwitchyPuppy
5G speed are up to 1Gbps (depending on your 5G Infinite plan), also depending if you're indoor or outdoor, and downtown or in a suburb or countryside.
I know mine vary depending if I'm at home (suburb) or at work (5G+; downtown).

I said everywhere though, you just name it inside or out, core downtown or suburb. 🙂

TwitchyPuppy
Downtown buildings and the subway could definitely impact signal.
I'd suggest trying either in a suburb (outside, preferably) and/or with a different device.

Well, my phone supports 5G and is a newer S+ series which gave higher performance with Fido everywhere in Canada irrespective of signal interference and Rogers should be better but not. I am surprised that way. May be I should switch back to Fido or other carrier where I will pay less as well.

Based on that. What makes you think your device isn't the issue?

Because. I am getting 5G speed from my wifi and got the same with Fido using this same phone!
Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation