cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G network with no internet

Cairo
I plan to stick around

I switched to Rogers due to interesting packages for 4 lines with 5G network. Total of 120GB data for 4 devices. After inserting the new SIM, then we noticed how poor the data service is. The phone shows as 5G network but no internet service, no connection for Whatsapp, can’t open the browser or safari to googled homepage, can’t even open My Rogers apps. Tried switched off cellular data and changed to flight mode, still not solving the connection issue. I did ask my son who on his phone next to me to call my cell, it’s goes straight to voicemail. We travel out from Vancouver convention conventions centre area, it then switches to 3G and we get the connection. What a service but, I guess that is what I get for saving compared to previous good internet connections by Bell.

*Added Labels*

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 5G network with no internet

RogersMoin

Hello, @Cairo.

Welcome to Rogers' family and Community! 

The Internet not working while connected to the 5G network is disappointing. The data not working could happen for various reasons. 

Based on your message, I'm assuming you had your own phones. If yes, please check the compatibility of your devices. 

After inserting the SIMs, have you restarted your phones? Also, depending on the make of the devices, you may have to update the carrier settings. And if required, you need to reset Network Settings

You can also check the network status and chat with us for further help. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah what kind of phone do u have? please tell us the model

Cairo
I plan to stick around
Hi RogersMoin. Good to get someone replying to my situation. Yes, I bought my own device, its a new iPhone 14 Pro Max from Apple. I can understand if the 5G network doesn’t work all the times after inserting Rogers SIM, but this situation only happens at certain locations in downtown Vancouver. I did post my incident report on My Rogers Support MyNetwork, similar reply blaming my device. I personally think its about cell site reliability.

Cairo
I plan to stick around
Hey Paul,
I have brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max from Apple. You think its a device problem still?

Cairo
I plan to stick around
iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB

Cairo
I plan to stick around
At the end, no action from Rogers. I still logged in to this forum to see if any further follow up. Really considering to switch back to other providers
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation