5G, 4G and 3G LTE

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

5G, 4G and 3G LTE

So right now am on my way to Surrey on the trans Canada hwy though Merritt. Not bad cell service tho for the passed three days in Vernon bc it's been switching from 3g and LTE, why don't I get 4g? Also when will Rogers announce 5g service?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: 5G, 4G and 3G LTE

Hi @cafekief,

It's always good to hear when a service runs smoothly. What device are you using? You may want to check the APN settings on the device, take a look at How To: Rogers APN Settings for more info.

As far as 5G announcement goes, stay tuned, we will update the Community as the information becomes available. 

RogersZia

I'm Here A Lot

If you are using an iPhone than it will not say 4G. If your in an area that was HSPA+ your phone will display 3G but you will be connected to HSPA+.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For those who might be interested:

Rogers announces multi-year 5G plan, including partnership with Ericsson

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/16/rogers-5g-ericsson-toronto-ottawa/

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've Been Here Awhile

Man Rogers needs to step up their game if they want to remain competitive. Slow updates compared to other carriers and now one of the slowest networks from the Big 3.

I Plan to Stick Around

Roger's is the only one testing 5G in Canada

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is NOT the only one testing 5G

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Bell, Telus, etc are all testing 5G.Why would you think that Rogers was the only one testing?
Bell is the first Canadian Carrier to post over 1 Gbps -
http://www.bce.ca/news-and-media/releases/show/Bell-the-first-wireless-provider-in-Canada-to-achieve...
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/03/01/everything-you-need-to-know-about-5g-canada/

I Plan to Stick Around

My mistake

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation