3 G service plans to discontinue?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

3 G service plans to discontinue?

As 3g service is being discontinued in the US in 2022

Any plans for Rogers?

Re: 3 G service plans to discontinue?

Hello, @gerrymacd

Thanks so much for posting your concerns in our community.

I can understand how important it is to know when your 3G devices will no longer be supported. You can find out more about this by visiting here.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's the news on 2G/3G:

https://bsav.ca/important-notice-regarding-upcoming-2g-3g-changes-on-the-rogers-network/

• ...regarding the Rogers Network. Customers with IoT devices utilizing the 2G/3G network and operating on 1900 MHz frequency band have an additional  3 months of service. Sunset is now scheduled for March 31st, 2021.
  • Customers with IoT devices utilizing the 2G network and operating on 850 MHz frequency band have an additional 12 months of service. Sunset is now scheduled for December 31st, 2021.
  • 3G 850 MHz and 3G dual band devices that utilize 850 MHz will NOT Sunset before December 31,2025.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I find it a little ironic that the info about Rogers shutting down 2G or 3G is no where to be found on THEIR website, yet its found on someone elses website ie BSAV.ca