cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To access Ignite, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment.

Sidhuamanjit
I've been here awhile

After logging into Ignite Homeconnect app, on the home screen it says "Upgrade for this experience - To use ignite app, you will need to upgrade your service/equipment." 

I have contacted Rogers Support numerous times and they escalate it to the Engineering Team and the engineering team just marks the case as resolved and closes it and I don't find out about it unless I contact Rogers Support for an update and the cycle of creating case again begins.

I have attached a screenshot as well. The both "Learn more" and "Upgrade" buttons in the screenshot take me to this link: https://www.rogers.com/support/internet/access-the-ignite-homeconnect-app

Sidhuamanjit_0-1707789292887.jpeg

I'm on Ignite Internet and using Ignite Wifi Gateway Router.

Does anyone knows how to fix it?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: To access Ignite, you'll need to upgrade your service/equipment.

RogersZia

Hello and welcome to the Community @Sidhuamanjit,

I see that you've already reached out to us via PM, I hope we were able to provide you with a swift resolution :).

RogersZia

J_Kuz
I've been around
Hello,

I have also been having this issue. I have contacted technical support twice. In both instances they created tickets, and i was told they would resolve the issue in 24-72 hours. This has been a week. The second time i was asked if i wanted text updates related to the ticket and i have received no texts.

New too Rogers Ignite.

bubbbab
I plan to stick around
It's ridiculous. Thousands of people have this issue and not one of them anywhere online has received a working solution. For ours, as soon as we upgraded to 1.5GB internet the app started displaying the same need to upgrade hardware message. They tell you to PM them, they move the issue to upper tier support who then marks it as solved yet, it isn't. The private message is in hopes that others don't know it hasn't been fixed. You need toog into your online Rogers account website to see who's connected to your WiFi. It's beyond foolish.

Cc63
I've been here awhile
I logged a ticket June 22, 2024 and requested text updates and have heard nothing but crickets. I’ve deleted this app and currently in the market for new provider as I liked that app feature but the lack of resolving issues shows me that customers are not priority I guess.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation