cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong. Try restarting the app or try again later. (1009)

red_rover
I've been here awhile

I am a techie so I want a PRECISE answer to this question. What does Error 1009 mean? I have installed and uninstalled the app numerous times, I have cleared the data via the apps section. I have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with my GOD GIVEN RIGHT to ROOT my device and Roger's have a fit. But in case I am wrong I want to know what throws a 1009 error. I tried even looking in the logcat for clues. Come . or high water I will have the true answer!

**Labels Added**

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Something went wrong. Try restarting the app or try again later. (1009)

RogersYasmine

Greetings @red_rover!

Thank you for your first post here in the Rogers Community and welcome!! 😀

If possible, can you kindly clarify which app you are utilizing when this '1009' error appears? Is it only happening on your rooted device?

It is absolutely your prerogative to root your device, but unfortunately, if you stray away from the manufacturer default OS settings (in this case, Rogers), then you run the risk that our apps may not fully function as intended. In this case, you can try accessing this service via a web browser or a different device if you'd like.

We appreciate your understanding.

RogersLaura

red_rover
I've been here awhile

Sorry the app in question is Rogers AnyplaceTV version 13.3.027.13 running Android 8 (Oreo) on a Samsung A520W

Hello @red_rover,

Thank you for clarifying the app information. As RogersLaura mentioned above, we cannot guarantee functionality on a rooted device. Can you please confirm if you're able to access Rogers Anyplace TV via the browser without any issues?

RogersZia 

red_rover
I've been here awhile

I can confirm using the browser on a pc presents no issues. But I won't always have my laptop and would like to catch up on the local news on my android phone. Can you just ask around what Error 1009 means?

Hello @red_rover,

We do not have any concrete answer as to the exact meaning of the '1009' error code or why it comes up, however, a few other customers who reported this type of error all had their devices rooted like yourself. It seems this may be the commonality, but we are not certain at this time. 

Another thing you can double-check is that your device's date, time, and time-zone are all set correctly as this can sometimes cause issues with the app as well. 

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Frank492
I've been here awhile
Hi,

I have the same problem on a Samsung Galaxy E Tab running Android 7.1.1

How can I fix this?

Thank You
Frank

Hello, @Frank492

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We definitely want to help you get your Anyplace TV app working properly. We'll be better equipped to assist you once we have more information. Please provide us with the answers to the questions below.

• Do you notice any issues when trying to access it from any other devices or is it just the Samsung tablet?
  • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your affected devices?
  • Do you have your NextBox PVR/Terminal plugged into coax and power?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

Frank492
I've been here awhile
1- just with the Samsung tablet, works great on my iPhone and IPad.
2- yes
3- yes

Thank you for confirming @Frank492!

Android 7 is no longer supported by Google. If your tablet is capable, I would recommend updating to the latest version of Android if you wish to continue using this app.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Can't watch Anyplace on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.5 using the app or my browser. I'm using Chrome. I can log in on the APP but it won't let me watch anything but CNN. It worked fine up until last week. What's going on. HELP. 

Hello @UnhappyCamper1,

Welcome to the Community!

We'd love to help you to ensure your Rogers Anyplace TV app works properly. Can you please confirm if you're able to access Rogers Anyplace TV via the browser without any issues?

Most of the users who have reported the 1009 error have experienced this on a rooted device, is your tablet currently rooted? Just as an FYI, we cannot guarantee functionality on a rooted device. 

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation