cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers error when linking account

JML7425
I plan to stick around

Hi , i just had Rogers Ignite TV installed on March 14 and tried to link the account number i was given on MyRogers but it says the account number cannot be found. Tried a live chat with support but after 20+ minutes i got disconnected. Then tried calling support but they said they couldn't find the account number i was given, gave me a old account number i used to have but that was for a cancelled pay as you go phone. 

Anyone ever have this issue?  does it take several days after an install for the account number to be activated, all my services are working. 

Thanks.

***Added Labels***

9 REPLIES 9

Re: MyRogers error when linking account

RogersZia

Good evening @JML7425,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!

I hope you're enjoying the Ignite TV service so far! It's unusual that my colleague wasn't able to bring up your account information in our system.  If you're still having issues linking your Ignite TV account to your current MyRogers profile please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to complete the request for you 🙂.

If you're not familiar with our private message system please take a look at this page.

RogersZia

JML7425
I plan to stick around

While i wait for the issues with my Ignite TV account being linked to MyRogers profile to be fixed, is there any way to use the iOS Rogers Ignite TV app to watch TV? Since it requires me to sign in with a MyRogers account it just tells me i don't have Ignite TV service.

Thanks.

Hey @JML7425,

Streaming your Ignite TV on your tablet is an awesome feature and we want you to be able to use it as quickly as possible!

When you have a moment, please take a look. We’ve PM’ed you with an update. 🙂 

Regards,

RogersTim

Jeffrodger
I've been here awhile
RogersTim, I am having the same issue. Can you help?
Thanks

Hello @Jeffrodger,

Welcome to the Community!

I hope you're enjoying the Ignite TV service so far. Could you please elaborate a little on what issue are you experiencing? Are you unable to link your account number to your MyRogers profile as mentioned by the OP? Or are you having issues accessing the Ignite TV via the browser and the app? 

Just need a little bit more info to best assist you!

RogersZia

Jeffrodger
I've been here awhile
I have downloaded the ignite tv app and the ignite wifi app and when I sign in with my Rogers credentials it tells me I don’t have these services.

Hello, @Jeffrodger

Thanks for the additional information.

We'll need to take a look at your MyRogers profile to ensure it's linked properly with your Ignite TV services. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and take a closer look at this for you.

Not familiar with our Private Messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Ok I'm about to cancel my account! I haven't ever been able to link my account. I have tried customer service, way to many times! Still know luck, it keeps telling me i can't link my account because it's registered to me! What kind of stupid is that! I am sick of trying to get threw to someone that can understand me, and waiting forever to talk to someone that doesn't speak English, and being told i can just go to my rogers account over and over while I wait is seriously going to make me snap! Does anyone else think communicating with a communication company should be a lot simpler!

Hello, @jonahskyryder.

Thank you for posting your account linking concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums. 

Which account are you trying to link to your MyRogers profile? If your account is consolidated, then your MyRogers profile will only accept the main account number. Like you don't have to link your wireless, cable, etc., accounts separately. 

We can check your MyRogers profile; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation