cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV App - Please check your connection and try again. (1003)

darthwolf
I'm here a lot

Able to connect to Rogers Anytime via phone and laptop but using my tablet, when I click on the channel to watch, it starts to connect then get the message:  Are you connect to the Internet?  Please check your connection and try again. (1003).    A bit weird how would I be able to connect to the app and find the channel if I wasn't connected to the internet?  

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV App - Please check your connection and try again. (1003)

Hello @Bartman11,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums, I hope your weekend is off to a nice start. 🙂

I regret to advise that Rogers Anyplace TV was decommissioned for use with Digital TV Packages effective as of  October 10th, 2021

If you would like to continue to enjoy TV through our streaming portal or on your mobile devices, we’d suggest switching to one of our Ignite TV bundles. This newer technology and service provides access to an Ignite TV app and a streaming portal packed with features such as easy search & discovery while allowing you to enjoy TV shows, movies and music all in one place. You can review our available packages by clicking here.

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @darthwolf!

Sorry to hear you're unable to use the app on your tablet! Error 1003 is a more rare error code, I can appreciate the concern for sure. I'm glad to hear it's working on your phone! Couple of questions that could help us identify the issue:

Which version of Android are you using on the tablet?

Which version of the RAPTV app are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Which version of Android are you using on the tablet? - 4.4.2

Which version of the RAPTV app are you using? - v13.4.0.0

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? - yes tried uninstalling/reinstalling app and same error

RogersTony

Hello, @darthwolf

Thanks so much for providing us with those details. We have a few follow-up questions below.

• Has the app ever worked on this specific tablet or is this the first time you are trying to use it on this device?
  • Can you confirm the make and model of the android tablet?
  • Have you tried another Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot on your phone to see if any channels will stream?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

• Has the app ever worked on this specific tablet or is this the first time you are trying to use it on this device? - has worked previously, last time use this tablet to access anytime TV was prob 2 or 3 months ago.
  • Can you confirm the make and model of the android tablet? - Samsung GT-P5210
  • Have you tried another Wi-Fi network or a mobile hotspot on your phone to see if any channels will stream? - tired 2 different networks, not sure why that would be an issue since I tablet is connected to internet and can access youtube and other sites.

Hello again, @darthwolf

We appreciate all of the details you've provided.

That specific device is close to 10 years old and stopped receiving software updates in 2016. While it does meet the very minimum app compatibility requirements of Android 4.4 and up to download, all of the features may not function as intended.

As new updates are rolled out, even the Android 4.4 versions will no longer be supported. If the app is working for you without issues on your other devices with newer OS's then it would be related to your specific device and not the app.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping to hear. 😞

RogersTony

WHAT CONNECTION TO CHECK?  WHAT CONNECTION, MY INTERNET WORKS WELL.

Good day @victordsouza525,

Thank you for posting to the Rogers Community!

We're sorry to see you're experiencing issues connecting to Rogers Anyplace TV. We certainly want to help you sort it out.

• What troubleshooting steps have you performed since noticing the issue?
  • Was it previously working on the device you're using and then stopped or it has never worked on that particular one?

Feel free to refer to the posts above for additional information and let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Bartman11
I've been here awhile

I get this error too rogers anyplace tv "Please check your connection and try again." No "(1003)".

I have Android 9 and have re-installed the App. I have an Alcatel Model 50320

Hello @Bartman11,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums, I hope your weekend is off to a nice start. 🙂

I regret to advise that Rogers Anyplace TV was decommissioned for use with Digital TV Packages effective as of  October 10th, 2021

If you would like to continue to enjoy TV through our streaming portal or on your mobile devices, we’d suggest switching to one of our Ignite TV bundles. This newer technology and service provides access to an Ignite TV app and a streaming portal packed with features such as easy search & discovery while allowing you to enjoy TV shows, movies and music all in one place. You can review our available packages by clicking here.

Kind regards!

RogersYasmine

Bartman11
I've been here awhile
Thanks, I have ignite. Too bad Rogers didn't point that out.
Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 in conversation