cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Mobile App

Pro1969
I've been here awhile

The information says “ watch anytime anywhere”, this is not true, for some of the content you have to be on your home network , and for all content you have to be in Canada. As a subscriber to Rogers I think “Anywhere” should actually be anywhere you can access the Internet. If not, then remove Anywhere” from the advertising and replace with “anywhere in Canada for some of our content”. Misleading customers is why people change providers.

*** Added Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV Mobile App

RogersYasmine

Hi @Pro1969,

Thanks for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and what a great first post! 😀

I can definitely understand your concerns here, as how a service is positioned is super important. At Rogers, we certainly try to be as transparent and forthcoming as possible!

We do provide some clarification about our Ignite TV app in our Terms & Conditions found at the bottom of this page. Please click on the 'SEE FULL DETAILS' link and the Terms & Conditions window will pop.

I'd also like to provide some more details for you and the rest of the Community to save for any further confusion. Please see below.

What kind of programming is available on the Ignite TV app?

The following types of programming are available for you to stream on the Ignite TV app:

• Saved programming: this includes your completed and scheduled recordings, your Favourites and your purchases and downloads. 
◦ While on voluntary suspension, you cannot record any new material, but you can still view previously recorded material.

• Live TV programming: this includes all your channels with TV listings, channels you’ve Favourited, and channels that can be watched on the go. 
   ◦ You can only stream live TV when you’re at home and connected to your home Ignite network.

• On Demand programming: this includes movies and TV shows. 
   ◦ Due to restrictions by content providers, some On Demand programming can only be viewed when you’re connected to your Ignite home network.
   ◦ You can download purchased On Demand content to your mobile device and watch it on the go! 

Is there any content related limitations when using the Ignite TV App?

•There is no maximum number of devices associated with an account.
• Customers can have up to: 
   ◦ 5 concurrent streams in and out of the home combined
   ◦ 2 concurrent streams when out of the home

• Only content indicating the “TVGO” symbol is available outside of their home.
• The Instant Video On Demand (restart) feature is not available on the app or browser view.
• Customers cannot “pause” live TV on their second screen.
• PVR recordings are only available out of home once the program recording is complete.
• Apps, including Netflix, are not available as part of the app or browser experience.
• Customers will not be able to purchase on the app or browser, eg., TVOD. It must be purchased via their set-top box and then played for 30 seconds. It will then appear under their “Saved” section.
• Content limitations with out of home also exist with Ignite TV.
Approximately 90% of channels are available when at home on a second screen device. Approximately 60% of channels are available out of home. Similar to Video On Demand (VOD).
• Due to broadcasting rights, customers will only have access to pre-downloaded content on the Ignite TV app when travelling outside of Canada.

Just to add, if you are indeed able to access "in progress" recordings via the app, then that's pretty awesome! Has anyone else in the Community had the same experience and can share with us? I'm curious to know if this is the case for ALL Ignite TV app users. 🤔

I hope everyone finds this information useful!

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those caveats are outlined in the first and last bullets of the Anyplace FAQ (predecessor):

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

Here's the FAQ on Ignite App.  Looks like they do need to update it regarding Canada:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/using-the-ignite-tv-app

Here's an FAQ on restrictions:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/troubleshooting-ignite-tv-streaming-issues

If you type "Ignite App" into the Rogers search engine, you'll find lots of other information on that topic:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/search?searchTerm=ignite%20app

Pro1969
I've been here awhile
Regarding the “faqs” link this is also inaccurate, I can watch live tv anywhere (in Canada) using the app and can also watch what I am recording while it is recording. Using a pc logged into my account restricts me from watching a recording in progress.
More inconsistencies.
A windows app would be benificial to subscribers, some people use Windows phones and tablets.

RogersYasmine

Hi @Pro1969,

Thanks for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and what a great first post! 😀

I can definitely understand your concerns here, as how a service is positioned is super important. At Rogers, we certainly try to be as transparent and forthcoming as possible!

We do provide some clarification about our Ignite TV app in our Terms & Conditions found at the bottom of this page. Please click on the 'SEE FULL DETAILS' link and the Terms & Conditions window will pop.

I'd also like to provide some more details for you and the rest of the Community to save for any further confusion. Please see below.

What kind of programming is available on the Ignite TV app?

The following types of programming are available for you to stream on the Ignite TV app:

• Saved programming: this includes your completed and scheduled recordings, your Favourites and your purchases and downloads. 
◦ While on voluntary suspension, you cannot record any new material, but you can still view previously recorded material.

• Live TV programming: this includes all your channels with TV listings, channels you’ve Favourited, and channels that can be watched on the go. 
   ◦ You can only stream live TV when you’re at home and connected to your home Ignite network.

• On Demand programming: this includes movies and TV shows. 
   ◦ Due to restrictions by content providers, some On Demand programming can only be viewed when you’re connected to your Ignite home network.
   ◦ You can download purchased On Demand content to your mobile device and watch it on the go! 

Is there any content related limitations when using the Ignite TV App?

•There is no maximum number of devices associated with an account.
• Customers can have up to: 
   ◦ 5 concurrent streams in and out of the home combined
   ◦ 2 concurrent streams when out of the home

• Only content indicating the “TVGO” symbol is available outside of their home.
• The Instant Video On Demand (restart) feature is not available on the app or browser view.
• Customers cannot “pause” live TV on their second screen.
• PVR recordings are only available out of home once the program recording is complete.
• Apps, including Netflix, are not available as part of the app or browser experience.
• Customers will not be able to purchase on the app or browser, eg., TVOD. It must be purchased via their set-top box and then played for 30 seconds. It will then appear under their “Saved” section.
• Content limitations with out of home also exist with Ignite TV.
Approximately 90% of channels are available when at home on a second screen device. Approximately 60% of channels are available out of home. Similar to Video On Demand (VOD).
• Due to broadcasting rights, customers will only have access to pre-downloaded content on the Ignite TV app when travelling outside of Canada.

Just to add, if you are indeed able to access "in progress" recordings via the app, then that's pretty awesome! Has anyone else in the Community had the same experience and can share with us? I'm curious to know if this is the case for ALL Ignite TV app users. 🤔

I hope everyone finds this information useful!

RogersYasmine

Pro1969
I've been here awhile
“You can only stream live TV when you’re at home and connected to your home Ignite network.“
This is stated in your response and is obviously taken from an actual Rogers statement, I am currently 100 miles from my home network and am watching live tv on my account. Don’t get me wrong, I am very happy that I can do so, and in my opinion, should be able to with my subscription, but the fact remains that Rogers is posting inaccurate information. I’m sure that Rogers is unaware that the statement is incorrect but the question must be, how can you not be aware how your own system works?

The what can be viewed inside the house vs outside the house.. is one thing.

But the Canada vs elsewhere, is not really false at all.
Its the same EVERYWHERE.
Ignite, Crave, even canadian netflix.

If you go out of country.. you cant watch crave content.  Why?  The licensing for viewing is only good in Canada.  Someone in that other country might own the right for that show there.
Even netflix is the same.  Yes you can view netflix while your there.  But its not the same.  Your not viewing canadian netflix. (IE: You go to the states.. you'll loose all disney content on netflix, as its gone off US netflix.

Dman24
I've been around
I’m trying to find out if there is a way to log another device out of the Ignite TV App or atleast change my password for it?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Dont think that you can kick a certain device off..

But as for password.. its tied with your myrogers account.

If you change your myrogers password (same one  you use here, etc), then they wouldnt be able to log in with the old one.

Pro1969
I've been here awhile
If you are logged into the app with a device, you can simply log out, if your device saves the password and automatically logs you back in when the ignite app is opened (I’m assuming here that this is a shared device and you don’t want anyone else using your account) then you just need to find where the device stores the password and delete it or disable the auto log in feature on the device. Changing the password will change it for any device you wish to use the app on, it is linked to your account, not the device.

wayner92
I'm a reliable contributor

Ignite TV app for Roku, AndroidTV, AppleTV, etc?

Are there IgniteTV apps that you can run on STBs like Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Xbox, etc that would work the same as having an IgniteTV box at your TVs?

I believe that there are Comcast Xfinity apps for some of these devices and isn't IgniteTV the same thing as Comcast's Xfinity?  So it should be pretty easy to do the same thing for IgniteTV - wouldn't it be pretty much just rebranding Xfinity to Ignite?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wayner92 wrote:

Are there IgniteTV apps that you can run on STBs like Roku, FireTV, AndroidTV, AppleTV, Xbox, etc that would work the same as having an IgniteTV box at your TVs?

No, not at this time, possibly at some future date.. It's unlikely that you'll get any advance notice regarding this for competitive reasons.

R2D2suzq
I've been around

I downloaded the Ignite TV app but when I go to sign in using my Rogers account (as instructed) I get the following message: “Sorry, the username and/or password entered is not recognized. Please try again.”

I clearly have a Rogers account/pw since that is what I used to use this community forum. The children who work at the physical store location in Bradford told me they couldn’t help at all, and directed me to the on-line chat help which never connected me to an agent. I am fairly appalled with how terrible service with Rogers is now.

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor

Please forgive me in advance, but I'm going to ask a silly question (In tech support, silly questions solve a vast majority of problems)..

Are you a Rogers TV subscriber? If so, which version - traditional? Or the new Ignite product?

Marcus2323
I've been here awhile

Can't access Ignite TV app at all on any platform.

Some times it says my username/email or password is incorrect yet these credentials get me into MyRogers without issue. If it does finally log in it says I don't have Ignite TV...but I do...I have Ignite Premier.

This is the same for my Ipad, Samsung phone, and as well when I try to access it from the web.

Any ideas? I do have a ticket in and it has been escalated further but still waiting for a reply. It's been over 24hrs.

kimmer2
I'm here a lot

Is there a way to set a recording in the mobile App?  I used to have that on Bell Fibe and it saved me a lot of grief.  I was not able to find this easily so I apologize if this is obvious.  I am a newbie with Rogers and noticed that feature was not easy to find.....right away as I was trying to set up my recordings for the first time.  Figured doing it from my ipad would have been faster than doing on the actual TV.   Thanks in advance...

svv
I've been around

I  just got the Ignite app and can't figure out how to schedule a recording from the app. That's feature we use the most as we are always forgetting to record. Can you help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kimmer2 wrote:

Is there a way to set a recording in the mobile App? 

It was possible until a year ago, however, it was deleted because of patent/court cases against Comcast (Ignite used by Rogers) by TiVo.  It may become available again at some future date, but don't hold your breath.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Archived-Posts/Important-notice-about-the-Rogers-Anyplace-TV-H...

Here's the Anyplace FAQ where this is discussed.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

Hey @Marcus2323,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting. I hope you're enjoying your Ignite services so far other than this hiccup. Being able to enjoy your TV via the Ignite app is a big part of the service so we want to get you up and running ASAP.

When you have a moment, please take a look at your PM. We've answered you! 🙂

RogersTim

98765432l
I plan to stick around

@wayner92 wrote:

Ignite TV app for Roku, AndroidTV, AppleTV, etc?

I believe that there are Comcast Xfinity apps for some of these devices and isn't IgniteTV the same thing as Comcast's Xfinity?  So it should be pretty easy to do the same thing for IgniteTV - wouldn't it be pretty much just rebranding Xfinity to Ignite?

I know this has been answered that it might be possible in the future to have an app on the Android tv or Apple tv but I'd like to chime in that I too would like to see this in the future.  I just found that I can hook up my laptop via HDMI and cast to tv.  Could not do this with Fibe.  Good for Rogers for allowing this.

Image1 (Small).jpg

shapjo
I've been around

Is there a way to use the Ignite App as a remote to change channels on the actual TV?  Have switched over from Fibe, and found this to be convenient feature when using their app.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shapjo wrote:

Is there a way to use the Ignite App as a remote to change channels on the actual TV?  

No, it doesn't do this, nor does it allow you to set recordings. It may at some future date as discussed earlier in this thread.  Here's the App FAQ:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/using-the-ignite-tv-app

Topic Stats