cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers Not Working on Android 8.0

GarryJoshi
I've been around

The MyRogers app was working great on my Note 8 when it was running Android 7.0 however as I updated to latest Android 8.0 today whenever I open the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and automatically crashes after few seconds. Any idea how do I fix it??

***Edited Labels***

25 REPLIES 25

Re: MyRogers Not Working on Android 8.0

RogersZia

Hello & Welcome to the Community @GarryJoshi,

The MyRogers app is a great way to manage and monitor your account, just have to make sure it works on your Note 8 tooRobot Happy!

Are you on the most recent version of the MyRogers app?  You can find the version in the app menu under Help & Support >> About.

RogersZia 

I am Samsung C9 Pro user and I have been using your app MyRogers since time. But with a latest automatic upgrade on my phone, now I am facing problem using this app. Whenever I try using the  MyRogers app, it opens a blank page and within seconds it crashes down on its own. Please help me solve this issue. Thanks!

Hey @princemoga,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forum.

As mentioned above, did you ensure that you are using the latest version of the MyRogers app? Are you able to access your MyRogers profile via our website? Have you tried to re-install the application? Please let us know which troubleshooting steps you have taken already so we can better assist you.

We look forward to your response.

RogersCilio

djrobinn
I plan to stick around

Same symptoms since last night (used to work okay last time I opened it).

The app opens up to a blank page. Left bar shows SIGN IN option, I sign in, no difference. Still blank page.

Disabled, Force Stopped, Cleared data, disabled, enabled (can't uninstall), no change.

I updated to the latest version and its still blank for me. So annoying

mikemcd63
I've been here awhile

Same issue here. 

I have tried the following:

- Force stop of the app

- uninstall/re-install

- Restart the phone

None of these fixed the problem.

nettaf
I've been around

Same hare! not working on Android 7.1.1 on Note 8.

Last night I updated the OS to Oreo (android 8.0), and My Rogers app is still not working.

It is stuck on the sign in pages, and I can't even turn it off.

And yes, obviously I have tried uninstalling and updating several times... nothing helps!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

same issue here

note 8 running 8.0 oreo AND iPhone X running 11.3

this smells like an issue with the rogers server and not the app itself.  This shenanigans started about 2 days ago.  

mikemcd63
I've been here awhile

You are correct!

It seems to be working now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Not sure what the issues are, but we have two phones, both LG G4, so older versions of Android - 6, I think.

I had to uninstall my rogers app from both of the phones today - it would not sign in, just kept recycling back to the blank entry page with the people on it.  Click sign in, put in user name and password, nothing.

Only the uninstall helped.

Yes, makes me wonder if it is associated to the announcement of the beta - someone fiddling in the back end goof??

Bruce

BS
I'm a senior advisor
Had to reinstall again today.

Something weird going on here.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

I read on the Android 8.0 site that there are some issues reported with the product with the product flipping back and forth between LTE and wireless unpredictability.

One thing I found in my own testing of MyRogers on my LG G4 Android 6 was that it was doing the same look.  but, when I went outside and went on LTE, it worked - that worked predictability on 5 repeated tests - leaving my wifi connection in the house where it would not log in with the looping screen, turned off WIFI it worked, (this was an issue years back on the Blackberry OS version of the product - only worked on LTE, not WIFI.)

I have reported it to tech and have a number assigned - they said they would call and Tech 2 would begin working about it.  Interesting thing - on Play store, and mods from this site have responsded on there about the issue, and recommended the typical trouble shooting, but no reports of the LTE versus WIFI issue I found and not working on WIFI.  This has been reported since late March, so after 7 days, by now it should be on the board as an issue one would think, or as someone mentioned in another post, are these support departments silo-ed between each others, although, clearly it appears that a couple of the mods do work on the Facebook responses.

I have noticed that I have no access on and off to myRogers on my android app latest version of MyRogers - I even tired installing older versions, I get my copies of older copies of Android apps off the Internet from a few repetuable sources, plus there is a way to have your phone not delete the older versions (kind like a restore point on Windows model).  None of the early apps worked on WIFI either, but did on LTE.  Now I just get the login jelly beans, and is stuck on the login page - no looping - sometimes it just says x We seem to be experiencing some difficlties.  Please try again later.

Guess MyRogers issues take high issue - lots of it is tied to expectations in CRTC wireless code, like your approving and setting data limits, ability to activity increases of data, access your bill, etc, so it has a high priority to respond to - it has huge implications to them to provide these tools to meet the code.

True the app helps us protect our rights too, but I make this comment honestly, suggests where Rogers keeps its priorities - a request for a spreadsheet of older tv plans goes unanswered and unresponded by Rogers and its support staff for at least three years now - would save incredible frustration and avoid complaints to the CCTC about misleading communication on services, remains with no priority, but at least the seem to be responding now - I had to push the tech support person to open a level two ticket - spent a lot of time suggesting trouble shooting, talking about Oreo, when I told him exactly the version of MyRogers and Android and that it doesn't upgrade to Oreo, before I got him to acknowledge that definitely I had an issue beyond him and would send it to level two.

He really had little knowledge of the topic and many of his answers showed a lack of knowledge of the issue.

But at least it appears that they are working on it as a priority.

The Oreo issue may very well be related to the WIFI verus LTE I described, if it is not stable on the devices with OREO, and maybe not highly reported depending upon where people use the product.  We usually access it on LTE when my wife is controlling her limited data use.

And then again, I am left wondering if someone on the back end pushed out the Beta side on the server side too soon.  Timing seems very coincidental.

Bruce

BS
I'm a senior advisor

Temporary solution to not being able to sign in

Continued to trouble shoot and test - here is my finding - if you do not sign out from the menu at the very bottom from settings, it will not log in - consistently worked for me. Now if on Android I just shut the app down from the running apps section, it would not sign in.

Go figure - they are working with it.

So try this - always sign out - do not use the keep logged in feature on.

You will have to enter your username and password each time - no way to save user name.

From settings hamburger, on top of app on left, scroll down to very bottom and sign out.

Have not had any issues since I started that, but that would not be typical expected behaviour if you shut down the app and have keep logged in unchecked. 

Go figure - somebody did something and didn't test fully the full set of options available on the app on an android device.

Maybe someone decided to remove the keep logged in feature options, but didn't remove from the device, and if you don't sign out, the app doesn't shut down properly if you just close the program from the open running apps, square.

Who knows - I haven't been feeding this to tech support - hope mods are passing on my findings - ticket is C131791286.  They are supposed to call.

Bruce

Bruce

craigomez
I've been around

myrogers app not working on my S7

hello,

i have been using my rogers app for a long time now. i had  been using

7.0 android version and had no issues

recently i upgraded it to 8.0 and suddenly when i open my app it . shows me a black screen

i am very concerned what is happening anyone witht the similar issue?

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post @craigomez,

Are you using the latest version of the MyRogers app? Are you able to access your MyRogers profile via rogers.com? Have you tried to re-install the application? Please let us know which troubleshooting steps you have taken already so we can better assist you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

jamesthomas11
I've been here awhile

@craigomez wrote:

myrogers app not working on my S7

hello,

i have been using my rogers app for a long time now. i had  been using

7.0 android version and had no issues

recently i upgraded it to 8.0 and suddenly when i open my app it . shows me a black screen

i am very concerned what is happening anyone witht the similar issue?

Hi, 

I have faced the same issue, can you find any best support? Please, suggest me there.

Thanks & Regards,

James

Hello @jamesthomas11!

Welcome to our Community!

The app is very important to our customers so they can manage their account, so let's see if we can get it functioning again. Have you attempted yet to uninstall/reinstall the app? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

TerryColeman
I've been around

Problem perhaps precipitated by the Beta Trial?

Good evening @TerryColeman,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

Experiencing issues with MyRogers can definitely be upsetting. Being able to manage and monitor your account from your Android device is primordial. I highly doubt that the Beta Trial could be the cause as it has been over for quite some time. Most of the users have reported that the bugs are fixed. We do greatly appreciate you're giving us the opportunity to provide you with the assistant you may need.

• What kind of issues are you encountering exactly?

We'd like to assist you resolve them. To do so, we'll need more information from you.

• Are you getting an error message?
  • Is it regarding the sign in process or your credentials?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Topic Stats