cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Hub App Crashing!

Wireless_Roamer
I plan to stick around

I've noticed since the last Rogers ignite Wi-Fi Hub app update the app crashes every time I click on the network tab. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and also cleared the cache. Still getting the same issue. Running the latest software on the modem and on the Samsung S9 Plus. While researching this on the internet I have realized that I am not the only customer that is experiencing this issue. Does Rogers have a time frame when this problem will be resolved?

*** Edited Labels/Title *** 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub App Crashing!

Wireless_Roamer
I plan to stick around

Update on WiFi Hub App crashing! I have confirmed after searching other forums that this App crashing while selecting the network tab is on devices running the Android OS. However, tonight I was prompted to update the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub App from the Google Play Store and once the new update was installed I can now select the network tab and view or change the settings. I've tested all functions of the App and it appears to function as designed. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.  Wonder if this might be Android only as well?

I just tried like 3 times on my iPhone (iOS 13.1.2) and the latest app update and its working fine there.

Wireless_Roamer
I plan to stick around

Update on WiFi Hub App crashing! I have confirmed after searching other forums that this App crashing while selecting the network tab is on devices running the Android OS. However, tonight I was prompted to update the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub App from the Google Play Store and once the new update was installed I can now select the network tab and view or change the settings. I've tested all functions of the App and it appears to function as designed. 

The App keep crash when I click network option,my phone is Note 10, please fix this problem,thanks.

Hello @chilitofu,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please elaborate a little on the issue? What app are you experiencing this on? Is this before or after you sign into the said app? What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Just need a little bit more info. to assist you further.

RogersZia

chilitofu
I've been here awhile

I am using the app download from google play store "ignite TV", I sign in with my rogers account , every time when I open the app and chose "network" option, it will crash. even I uninstall it and reinstall again, it still have the problem. 

Hello, @chilitofu.

I appreciate your response; there is still a little confusion regarding the app you are trying to reinstall. Below is the description of the apps:

Ignite TV: Watch live TV, On Demand content and your Cloud PVR recordings on any device at home or on the go. You can also download your Cloud PVR recordings to your device and watch anywhere.

Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub: Get ready for powerful WiFi at your fingertips. Quickly and easily manage who’s connected from anywhere, on any device. Plus, stay protected by setting controls and alerts. Ignite WiFi™ Hub puts you in command of your WiFi.

@Wireless_Roamer experienced a similar issue as you are enduring; however, installing the update fixed the problem. The latest app version is 2.20.

You can follow the link to reinstall the app and keep us posted on the outcome. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

The lastest update did correct my issue. Just tried it again today and it appears to be working fine. Just to clarify it was the Ignite WiFi Hub App. The network tab like you described made it crash. I also noticed you are using a Note running Android. Apple doesn't appear to be affected. I would check that your App download is running 2.20. As mentioned.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation