cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney plus star

Natasha23
I've been here awhile

Hello!
So since Friday august 27th, I have not been able to use my Disney plus star account on my tv or my phone. I have a roku box and it works on that, now I’m using the same wifi but my roku is giving me a different up address than my phone and tv. I called Disney plus and they said that my IP address is coming up as a US address and tried to over ride, was not working. I had to unplug my tv, Rogers box and modem nothing changed still coming up as an US IP. Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me??
Not a huge issue I can use my roku but would like to figure this out
Thanks 😊

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disney plus star

RogersMoin

Hello, @Natasha23.

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Your Roku box getting the Canadian IP while the other devices getting non-Canadian IP is puzzling. 

Are you able to watch other Disney+ content on your TV and phone?

When connected to your home WiFi network, on your phone, can you try going to whatismyipaddress.com? Under My IP info, you should see the location details. 

For security & privacy reasons, please don't post your IP address on any public platforms. However, let us know what you see for the country.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Natasha23
I've been here awhile
Hello!
So I’ve tried all of those already, I’ve trouble shooters everything. My tv downstairs and phone will not give me Disney star co tent anymore since Friday but my roku upstairs does. When I talked to someone at Disney they said my IP address is coming back as American so they tried numerous times to over ride to say I’m in Canada but that also did not work. When I looked up my IP address through wheremyIP it gave it to me and when I got my roku IP address it did not match up BUT I’m using my WIFI on all devices which does not make sense. If I were to shut my WIFI off I can get the content on my phone.

Natasha23
I've been here awhile
Also when I look up my IP address it tells me my exact location which is correct but my roku has another address and it works. The gentleman at Disney said that they were having of customers from Rogers call and everything as of Sunday was resolved but I’m still having issues

Hello, @Natasha23.

I appreciate your troubleshooting the issue; we can further look into it for you. If required, we can submit a ticket; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation