cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biometrics

Chrisalismom
I've been here awhile

Up until today - November 14, 2022 - I have been able to login to the myrogers app using my fingerprint. Today, when I opened the app, the entire homepage was different and the option to login using biometrics was gone! I had to go old school and type in my password. This is WAY LESS secure and, quite frankly, is a step back in time. Why on earth would that option be changed to a much less secure and easily hackable option???

***Edited Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Biometrics

RogersZia

Good evening @Chrisalismom and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums,

We appreciate your feedback about the recent update and will be happy to forward it to the team in charge. 

RogersZia

Chrisalismom
I've been here awhile

I will be switching to Telus after this fiasco

KyleDoug
I've been around

Hello,
I used to be able to log into MyRogers app via Face ID, but it seems that the Face ID login feature is removed? I now have to manually enter my username and password each time to log in. Is it just me or everyone has the same issue? Thanks!

aminbensadi
I've been around
Have the same issue don’t know when Rogers is fixing ot

Plahen
I've been here awhile
My app says my account isn’t linked! Um…yes it is. Have to use the website now.

Hi @Plahen, welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Are you on the most recent update of the app? What device are you currently using?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

RogersZia

ridleyroader
I've been here awhile

latest update has destroyed any modicum of functionality on iPhone

ridleyroader
I've been here awhile

iPhone 14 pro with ios 16.1.1...the app sends me to the webpage and then when I log in to my account on the webpage it says my account is already linked. When I go back to the app it says no accounts linked.

ridleyroader
I've been here awhile

SAME ISSUE!

bobby31
I've been around

Also having the same issue! What’s the ETA on fix?

Delilah2023
I've been around
I have been using Rogers for 25+ years and I thought that we have evolved with technology but it bewilders me as to why you would take away the Biometric Fingerprint Security!?!? We just stepped back in time!! :-((

Astrowolf
I've been around
I agree!!! What happened? I want this option back. Why go backwards?

So is rogers going back to the future.?lol This password login is not safe! I want biometric login back...

stephenmadsen
I've been around

FaceID used to work on the iPhone 13, but the feature has now been removed. I don't recall this being mentioned in the "Have you seen what's new on the MyRogers app?" messages I get on my Rogers Inbox? I agree with other posts, Rogers has regressed in capabilities and features. Maybe this is too complicated for their tech team to figure out. Can someone in Roger's universe explain the purpose for the regression in features? Thanks

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 in conversation