cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to export email data if Outlook (or using IMAP) no longer works or cant generate an app password?

mang999
I'm here a lot

I was tasked with exporting a Rogers/Yahoo email account - need to export data (to PST) using Outlook since I need to move my services.

If I can't log in or generate a password, how can this be done?
I don't have any old data in Outlook to work offline with this email account in question.

***EDITED LABELS***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: how to export email data if Outlook (or using IMAP) no longer works or cant generate an app password?

mang999
I'm here a lot

Outlook / IMAP - where is the official notice that these aren't supported anymore?

Cannot generate an app password. Can we get a clear answer or when this will work again?

Re: how to export email data if Outlook (or using IMAP) no longer works or cant generate an app p...

RogersCorey

Greetings @mang999!

In this case, you would have to login via our webmail to export your data.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: how to export email data if Outlook (or using IMAP) no longer works or cant generate an app p...

Can you show me the detailed info on how to do this?

When I read the Yahoo 'get your data' article, you can download your contacts, etc but to download your messages it tells you to setup an IMAP email client (such as outlook) which we know is now impossible.

Where is the option in the current Rogers/Yahoo webmamil to export your email messages?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You may wish to consider using an e-mail client like Mail for Mac, or similar for Windows that doesn't require an app password. You should then simply be able to synch with that e-mail client and download your messages.  I'm not sure about contacts since I've never done that.

mang999
I'm here a lot

I'm pretty sure anything outside of Webmail needs an app password right now.

Imap (the protocol Outlook uses to get email messages  from Yahoo/Rogers) is also used by Mac mail and every other Email client in existence .

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mang999 wrote:

I'm pretty sure anything outside of Webmail needs an app password right now.

When I set up Mail on my iPad, I did not require an app PW.  I just used the regular Webmail PW, IIRC.  I'm not sure about Mail on the Mac like a Mac Mini or MacBook Air, etc, or other e-mail clients for say Windows. Someone else may be able to comment, but I thought I read in the other e-mail issue threads that some clients do not use app PW.

Re: how to export email data if Outlook (or using IMAP) no longer works or cant generate an app password?

JEFFAJ
I've been here awhile

I found the best way to do this is to have GMAIL import your rogers emails by:

*click on  accounts and import

*scroll to Check mail from other accounts and follow prompts 

*this will copy your rogers inbox emails and show them in gmail without removing them from your rogers inbox

* this works well for me and hope it helps other:)

this also does not work.

what port did you use?

JEFFAJ
I've been here awhile

my rogers email is set up with imap not pop and as long as the rogers/yahoo webmail is signed in ,you can then proceed to setting it up by importing it as explained in the steps earlier...may take some time for initial import 

it's working perfectly for me..

Tzad
I plan to stick around

This worked for me. When the import was done, I was able to view the email in question under my primary GMail which I imported the Rogers email from. I was then able to export my emails as a .pst file after the import completed. 

Import.png

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation